Chapter 7

A/N: *I know, it's been a while... again. But I FINALLY finished this chapter! Again, so sorry for how long it's been. Since this one was extremely long like the last chapter the next one will be a bit more shorter and less complex and a lot more fluffy, so expect that to come. I swear I'll do better to get chapters out, especially since I've found a writing style that had helped A LOT, seriously I spent the entire day finishing off this chapter, because I love you guys, really you've helped me get through so much recently through all this support :).

ALSO I am well aware of Bec's sexuality and I will absolutely implement it into the later chapters! BUT for the sake of the story, since I've had it mapped out well before season 9 (where her sexuality was confirmed) she'll be bisexual, I hope that's okay and not an issue, I'm sorry if it is with any of you!*

-Anyways I love you all, and please enjoy the chapter and the more that will come!- <3

Christmas was merely days away, making everyone in the house excited for the upcoming holiday. The little ones were the most excited, as it for without a doubt was going to be a white Christmas, as snow was starting to fall more and more as the day was getting nearer.

As for Jody and Tyler, the joyful festivities were the last things on their mind. After their meeting with Jenny they had a couple more after that. Sally started to be present in the meetings, offerrering as much help as she could.

Jenny had once asked for Denise to come to their meetings but her emails were always left unanswered, besides Jody made it clear she didn't want her there.

The main topic of these meetings was money next to that was their case, which was set for March 25th. Six months sounds long, but in reality the days were disappearing quicker and quicker.

And so, Tyler decided that he was going to ask for a promotion at Five Bridges Radio, hoping that Ms Bloomfield would give him it.

As for Jody, she decided that she would work as a waitress at the Kettle Stand Café, she was sure Lilly would give her a job, they are family after all.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Okay, whoever has the shortest straw, has to get the tree," Scott stated a little dramatically as he clamped three straws in his fist and leaned his arm towards May-Li and Mike who rolled her eyes with a smirk.

"Bit childish ain't it?" May-Li commented as she leaned back in her chair with her arms crossed over while Scott gave her a look as well as Mike.

"Hey, I remembered when you said that to me," Mike said as he nudged May-Li's arm with his elbow.

"Well it was then and it still is now," May-Li replied as Mike shook his head and stifled a chuckle at the woman, "Can't we just flip a coin?"

"Come on, just pick one," Scott whined as his arm was starting to ache, "You're not scared are you?"

May-Li widened her eyes at her co-worker's remark then immediately unfolded her arms and swiped a straw from Scott in a swift motion.

"Your turn Jenson," May-Li stated assertively as her eyes burned in his making him smile nervously, as he plucked a straw from his fist, then Mike took the final straw.

Mike looked at his straw then studied the others, only to come to the realisation that his straw was the shortest.

"Oh, great..," Mike mumbled as Scott and May-Li laughed at the man's defeat, "'Ey, can't we have a redraw?"

"Face the facts Milligan, you lost," May-Li replied as her laughter came to a halt and resulted in a bashful smile.

"Oh come on now, I'm way too old for this," Mike complained as he sat back down on the sofa.