Chapter 5:

It was now getting close to Christmas break, as it has been a few weeks since everyone found out. It took some time, but the kids were softening to the situation, and were determined to help the two the best they could. It took Jay the longest to settle, but after a few conversations with May-Li, Jay started to calm down but the fear was still buried in his mind which was impossible to get rid of.

However it was the opposite for Katy, Sid and Taz, it didn’t take long before they were picking out baby names (which Floss kept pushing the name Floss Junior) and arguing over the gender, even though it’s been barely a month of pregnancy.Sid was team boy, Taz was team girl, as Katy was stuck in the middle, the two made compelling arguments that she didn’t know who to side with, so she just made up in her mind she wouldn’t mind either.

Although Sally and Denise still had no idea, this was mainly because of the delayed flights of St Lucia to England and the fact that Denise managed to answer Scott and May-Li’s emails and phone calls two days ago, one of her several excuses was that her phone was at the shop, which is why she only got the messages recently.

Nevertheless, the appointment was scheduled for today, which caused Jody and Tyler to have a stressful, restless night.

“It’s obviously going to be a girl!” Taz stated as she threw her small hands in the air, intimidating Sid who was arguing against her.

“That’s merely just your opinion, there’s still a likely chance it will be a boy,” Sid argued back, quite hesitant as he was afraid of angering the ‘tasmanian devil’.

“Guys please stop arguing, I’ve been dealing with you two for the past two weeks!” Katy interrupted as she was usually in the middle of the two’s arguments.

Despite Katy’s protesting, Sid and Taz kept debating over the gender, until May-Li entered the living room while holding a basket full of laundry.

“You three, pipe down,” May-Li interrupted which instantly made the three silent, “Jody and Tyler are trying to sleep,” May-Li pointed at the two asleep on the sofa.

They’ve been stressing out all night, trying to figure out what to say to their parents. Tyler wasn’t as worried, as his mum had him no younger than Jody, but he was still petrified, that wasn’t going to change.
On the other hand, Jody knew if her mum didn’t care for her before, she wouldn’t want anything to do with now.

“Sorry!” Taz and Sid whispered, as Katy sighed in relief and mouthed a ‘thank you’, as she was free from Taz and Sid’s endless debates and bickering.

May-Li motioned them to go outside and to leave the two in peace. She then picked up a nearby blanket and placed it over the two.

Before she left the living room she smiled at the two, before returning back to her tasks.
------------------------------------------------------------------

“Can we play with you guys?” Taz asked as she, Sid and Katy entered the garden, since they were kicked out of the living room by May-Li.

Jay was playing football with Finn and Floss, while trying to convince Nazeer to play with them so that they could have equal teams, as Nazeer was sat next to Sasha and Bec on the bench with Bec having her headphones in, not paying attention to the two, as well as Sasha who was talking endlessly about her latest art projects.

“Sure squirt, we need more teammates anyway,” Jay said bitterly as he glared at Nazeer, “I thought you liked sports bro.”

“I do, I just don’t want to be in a team with you,” Nazeer stated as Floss snickered at his remark. Jay grunted in annoyance, as he threw a blue bib at him.