Chapter 1:

*italics are characters thoughts*
*---- is a time skip/scene change*

“Jody are you alright?” May-Li asked as she leaned against the bathroom door, painfully listening to the girl being sick. After a few moments Jody came out of the bathroom looking pale. Her brown hair was out of her usual ponytail and her arms crossed over her stomach as a wave of pain came over.

“Yeah it’s just cramps,” the brunette mumbled without making eye contact with the anxious woman in front of her. Jody knew it wasn’t her period, she came off almost a month ago.

May-Li was skeptical, for it didn’t explain her being sick but she decided not to pressure the girl as she walked quickly into her room and shut the door behind her. May-Li folded her arms and thought hard, is it really her period or something else? An accusation came to her head but she immediately denied it, Jody can’t be that stupid can she?

While May-Li was deep in thought Tyler was walking down the hallway, and saw the care worker standing there anxiously.  

"May-Li?” Tyler tapped his large hand on her shoulder which made her jump.

“Oh, yes Tyler?” May-Li sighed as she put her hands on her hips and looked up at the boy.

“Is everything okay, you look stressed?” Tyler questioned as he looked at the woman carefully.

“It’s just Jody,” May-Li replied as she folded her arms and looked at her room.

“What did she do now?” Tyler chuckled, but soon stopped as he saw the look of concern on May-Li’s face. “Is she alright?”

“Maybe. She’s just been sick because of her period,” May-Li stated her eyes still locked on her bedroom door.

“Oh…, right,” Tyler said slowly as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, “But isn’t that normal…, for um, girls?”

The woman looked at Tyler and thought again, I’ve never been sick because of my period, maybe something's wrong.

“Tyler, can you go check on her, I need to help Scott with lunch.”

“Yeah, of course.”

“Thank you Tyler."

The woman quickly walked downstairs, as Tyler stood in the hallway outside of Jody’s bedroom door, as he knocked on the door before entering.

“Go away May-Li.”

“Jodes, it’s me.”

Tyler waited patiently until Jody opened her bedroom door and quickly returned to her bed, as Tyler sat next to her.

“May-Li told me that you were sick…, because of um, you’re period,” Tyler said as he looked at the girl she was facing the wall with her head on her pillow, she looked like May-Li when she was thinking earlier.

After a few moments of her not replying, he worriedly placed a hand on her shoulder. “Jody?”

The girl looked at him before sitting up as she took his hand off her shoulder.

“It’s just cramps, it’ll go away soon.”

“Are you sure?”

Tyler’s question made her second guess herself and made her think harder until it hit her. The two did do something, they’ve tried to keep their relationship and what happened that night as secret as possible, almost trying to forget about it, but now it suddenly hit her. I’m not am I?

Jody’s expression changed vividly as she stared at the floor and her hand gripped Tyler’s anxiously.

Before Tyler could say anything he heard Scott calling from downstairs.