Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~~Y/n's POV~~~~~~~~~~~

    My Life was perfect. My mom and dad would play with me when I was bored or help me up after a fall. I love my life. I was happy. My parents said they were going on a short trip to find a new island for us to live on...But they never came back. I was 7 when they disappeared. My grandparents took care of me and told me their shipped wrecked because of pirates. I knew they didn't die because of pirates though, my grandparents despised pirates, they wanted me to hate pirates and wanted me to become a marine. I hated marines, but at the same time there wouldn't be pirates without the marines. There's a balance, there wouldn't be marines without pirates and pirates without marines. That doesn't mean I have to like the marines.

     It's been 3 years since my grandparents took me in. I recently was told stories about pirates and how they aren't ruled by anyone and they are free. I wanted that kind of freedom so I decided when I'm 17 I'm becoming a pirate even if my grandparents don't allow it. Everyday after breakfast and after my very boring chores, I go to the forest and train.  I didn't know how to train very well because I'm only 10 years old but I would practice until supper. I didn't have many friends in my village but there was 2 people I thought of as family. Asahi who was like a older brother to me. His name means Sunlight, it suits him because of how happy he is all the time.  People bully him for having a " Girls" name. But he knows not to care what the other kids think.When he is upset or sad he doesn't like to show it so everyone doesn't worry. He helps everyone even if he doesn't know them. My other friend is Aimi. She's a bit stubborn and I foresee her being boy crazy when she gets older but everyone has to have a friend like that in their life. How else am I supposed to learn how to dress pretty or do make up? Aimi is a very beautiful young girl. She's like the middle child of our group and I'm the youngest. I'm the most mature yet childish person, I'm mature when needed which is only 10% of the time. I love to hunt and train in the forest while Asahi reads and Aimi picks flowers and has a picnic with Asahi.

"Y/n you should come eat before the ants find it." Said Asahi while his face still deep into his book.

" I- *grunt* can't *grunt* I'm *grunt* busy" I said while kicking and punching the log I made to look like a marine.

" Y/n you still have 7 years before you leave to set sail to become a pirate. Come eat" Aimi said calmly yet sternly

" fine"

~~~~~~~~~~back at the house~~~~~~~

"Gramps! Grams! I'm home!" Y/n said while setting down her things on the bench by the door.

"Dinners ready my dear!" Grams said as I walked into the kitchen.

"I made a salad and a few steaks with a side of mashed potatoes and asparagus" grams said while putting food on everyone's plates

Gramps came down the stairs with his head up slightly and sniffing the air. " wow hun. It smells delicious, I can't wait to eat it"

" oh N/n (nickname) someone came looking for you today. He said he wants to talk to you." Grams said while sitting down getting rear to eat

" who was it? Was it Asahi?"

"No. I think his father maybe? I can't remember. He will be back tomorrow morning though" grams said before taking a bite of steak.

"Hmm odd. Okay" I said before eating.

After dinner I headed upstairs to shower and get ready for bed. When I got to my room I saw the picture of my parents and I.  "Don't worry mom..dad.. I will become a strong pirate and I will find out how you died"

~~~time skip to next day~~~~~~~~

*knock knock*

"Ughhh. Gramps can you get the door!"