Lady Bridgerton sighs and rolls her eyes before plastering on a pleasant smile and turning back around. "Lady Featherington, it is not as though we are in mourning."

Lady Featherington sighs and picks a piece of nonexistent dirt off of her gloves, "no one understands the pain of a- a broken engagement better than myself. I never thought we would recover after Mr Bridgerton and Miss Thompson's falling out, and yet here we are. Miss Thompson now Lady Crane, Philippa now Mrs Finch, and Prudence now engaged."

Prudence grins when her mother reannounces her engagement, showing off her ring as she lays her hand on Lord Featherington's arm for all to see.

"Yes," Lady Bridgerton lets out a breathless chuckle, "it is rather amusing how things work themselves out, is it not?"

"Indeed. I do wish you good fortune with all of your... things, Lady Bridgerton," Lady Featherington declares, offering Lady Bridgerton a forced smile before stepping past. Shen pauses and offers Frederick and I a polite nod and small smile- which was much warmer than those she had offered only a few seconds earlier to Lady Bridgerton. "Your Graces, how wonderful to see you both. Prudence was just telling me how much she would love to catch up with you at Featherington House."

Prudence bobbles her head up and down in agreement with her mother, "oh, yes. I would love to chat, Florence. We have so much to catch each other up on! I have even more plans about our upcoming nuptials to tell you about!"

I chuckle and nod my head, "I shall be over to your... lovely home soon, Lady Featherington."

She hums in contentment and continues off down the trail, Prudence, and Lord Featherington following a few steps behind her.

"We are truly sorry, Lady Bridgerton," Penelope says softly, gazing up at Lady Bridgerton with sincerity.

"Come along, Penelope. We don't want to talk their ears off," Lady Featherington calls.

Penelope ducks her head and rushes off after her mother and sister.

I sigh and watch as she scampers off, her head held low. "She is such a nice girl..."

______________________

"Lady Cowper! Lovely to see you, and Cressida! Look at you, this dress is stunning!" I rush forward toward the family and quickly pull Cressida into a hug, which she is more than happy to reciprocate.

"Florence! I have not seen you nearly as much as last Season... I believe that the last time we had a proper conversation was when Lord Bridgerton fell into the lake!" Cressida huffs, "I am instant that you come to spend the day at Cowper House sometime soon... so we can have a proper day together."

Just like with Prudence, I nodded my head, chuckling as I looked at her. "Of course, Cressida. I would love nothing more... I will admit, it has been far too long since we have last talked to one another."

"Lady Cowper," Lady Bridgerton greets.

Lady Cowper all but turns her nose up at Lady Bridgerton's words, causing her daughter to do the same.

As the two families walk past each other, Cressida pulls me closer to her and makes me promise to come and visit her soon, which I happily agree to before starting off toward the Bridgerton's once more.