He is quick to duck his head and start down the path, slowing his pace only when he deems himself far enough away from the Sharmas.

Edwina scoffs and turns to her mother with wide eyes. "Is this truly our plan? Simply to pretend nothing has happened?"

"We are not pretending nothing has happened," Lady Mary corrects, "we are choosing to deal with it in private, in our own time. Scandals may cast aspersions, but they do not obligate us to answer to anyone."

"Besides the Ton has a remarkably short memory," Lady Danbury adds.

I nod my head and hum in agreement, "true, true. It only took them a week to forget about my dear husband's cassowary incident."

"You promised not to tell anyone about that, darling!" Frederick hissed, appearing beside me and looking over at me in horror.

"But it makes for such a good story, Frederick," I retort, smiling over at him and pressing a quick kiss to his cheek.

"With any luck, by this time next week, there will be a bigger story for them to sink their rapacious teeth into," Lady Danbury continues, "we may find you a husband this season still, Miss Edwina."

"I give credit to your imagination, Lady Danbury," Kate says stiffly, "a bigger story I cannot foresee."

I let out a little gasp as I grab Frederick's arm. "Oh, Frederick we must go see the Bridgerton's... until we meet again, Lady Danbury, Lady Mary, Miss Sharma, Miss Edwina."

Lady Mary offers me a small smile while Lady Danbury nods her head at us, watching as we start off toward the Bridgertons.

______________________
*3rd person POV*

"She's always been a social butterfly, the Duchess of Windsor," Lady Danbury mutters, watching as Florence scurries away, a beaming smile still clear on her face as she greets the Bridgerton family.

"So I have heard," Lady Mary mutters, glancing over at her daughters, her frown only deepening when she watches Florence rush away.

Both Kate and Edwina watch on half-heartedly as Lady Danbury continues, sending a pointed look to both Kate and Edwina.

"It would be good for you both to keep friends with her... she is a rather important element of society- depending on how she is feeling, she can make a family's reputation... or break it."

______________________

"Lady Bridgerton! How wonderful to see you all!" I call out, a beaming smile appearing on my face as I look at them all.

Lady Bridgerton lets out a relieved sigh as she sends me a warm smile. "Your Grace, how wonderful to see you this afternoon."

"I was just talking to the Sharma's and Lady Danbury about how fortunate we were to have such a sunny day... rather perfect for a park promenade, is it not?"

Lady Bridgerton let out a thankful sigh as she nodded her head, "indeed it is, Your Grace. Perfect indeed... and certainly welcome after such a... hectic week-"

"Is this not a surprise," Lady Featherington calls out, strolling over towards the Bridgerton bunch with a rather cunning smile. "To see you out in public, Lady Bridgerton, so soon?"