Prologue-The Incident...(part 2)

Start from the beginning

"That alpha, always with a trick up his sleeves. Be hasn't changed since we were children." 

"But what did uncle Ryka do to you to make you act out like this?" Reki asks.

I gasp quietly and cover my mouth, my mind running at a million miles a second. Did Reki just say uncle Ryka? Does that make him my cousin? Does that mean that Riyoku and dad are brothers? Is Riyoku my uncle? But most importantly, what did my dad do to make Riyoku angry enough to destroy my entire pack? So many thoughts and questions running through my he a all at once. But they're all interrupted when I hear Riyoku growl again, angrily. 

"Wait...Yama, repeat the task I gave you and your wolves to complete." Riyoku says angrily. 

"Um, to kill anyone and everyone in Ryka's pack." Yama says nervously. 

"Good." Riyoku grabs Yama by the neck and lifts him a few feet off the ground. "Now tell me, why is there a wolf missing from this pack?" Riyoku snarls. 

"W-What do you mean?" Yama asks gasping for air.

"I mean there's a survivor you fucking idiot!" Riyoku growls, then drops Yama to the ground who holds his throat and breathes heavily. He then lets out a long sigh and crosses his arms in an annoyed motion.

"I assume you are familiar with my nephew, Akio, right?" Riyoku asks sounding agitated. 

"Yes, I am sir." Yama nods. 

"If you hadn't noticed, his body isn't anywhere around this village!" Riyoku says motioning to the village. I see Yama's eyes fill with fear. 

"Shit, those fucking dumbass wolves told me that they killed everyone! How could they have-" Then I hear the sound of skin colliding with skin in a hard thwack. It doesnt take me long to realise that Riyoku punched Yama in the face, and it sounded extermely painful.

"I don't know what's worse; you not killing the alpha's son along with everyone like I told you to, or not knowing that you didn't kill him." Riyoku snarls menacingly. 

"Father, I dont think it's such a problem." I hear Reki say to his dad. 

"And why is that Reki?" Riyoku asks angrily. 

"Theres a high chance that he hasn't shifted yet. He's vulnerable." Reki says coldly. I see a smile appear on Riyoku's face. 

"You're right. Akio might not be as big of a problem as I thought. Thank you for bringing it to my attention my son." Riyoku congratulates his son and pats him on the head as he snickers at Yama. Yama gives Reki a death glare. 

"Right, let's get out of here. There's nothing left here for us." Riyoku says walking off with Yama close hehind him. But Reki stays behind for a while. I hear him walk in my general direction be for coming to a stop. 

"I know you're here Akio. I don't know what you look like, but I can still sense your presence." 

I hold my breath and cover my mouth in fear. I feel my heart rate speed up, then slow down a bit as Reki speaks again. 

"I suggest you run as far away from here as possible. I'd hate to miss the chance to see you in person." He says warmly. I calm down a bit but still cover my hand over my mouth. Reki speaks again. 

"I left you something at the gates. Grab it on your way out out of here." 

I hear him walking away. It grows silent for a minute. It even sounds like the fires have been put out. All I hear is the sound of crickets chirping. I assume that its safe and come out of my hiding spot, my hoodie and jeans a little ripped from me shifting. Just like I assumed, it's safe. The fire's been put out like I thought and there's no sign of werewolves around the area. I stare at the burnt up gates and see something glowing a faint blue, the same shade as my eyes. I creep over to the glowing object, careful to make as little noise as possible in case there's anyone near. I get to the gates, pick up the object, and gasp. 

"Dad's necklace

"Dad's necklace..." I mutter. I hold I in my hands for a minute before tying it around my neck. I feel a few more tears form in my eyes. I wipe them away and turn away from my destroyed village. I stare out from the gates and take a few deep breaths, before shifting into my wolf form and run out of the area, hoping to never return here again.

[Present day] 

I stand in front of the gates to my old village. Apart from all the bright green grass, moss and vines, flowers and weeds growing everywhere and some of the remains of the bodies still sitting there from almost eight years ago, nothing changed at all. The area is still as destroyed and decayed as it was almost eight years ago. I clutch the necklace around my neck and stare at the destruction now overgrown, getting flashbacks of that day. 

I then turn on my heels and start to walk away from the village, but stop in my tracks when I hear a familiar howl from behind me. I turn around and for a split second and see a white transparent wolf staring at me. I blink, and he's gone...again.

"Damnit, not again. Third time in two days..." I mutter, scratching my head. I turn around again before becoming Zenin and running off into the forest.

[Author's Notes]

Okay, this took so much longer to write that it should've. This is  mainly a bit more explanation into Akio's backstory,  and I really like how it came out. Sorry for keeping you all waiting, but at least this new chapter is done, and I hope you enjoyed reading. I will see you in the next chapter.