"Oh, I thought Roan told you about—" Leo immediately shut his mouth as Kai looked at him with a suspicious look.

"Told me about what?" Kai asked. Leo got up from the stool, shaking his head as he kept the empty bowl in the sink.

"Nothing!" Leo started walking out the kitchen.

"Leo! Get back here, young man!"

~~~

Leo tapped the pen on his desk as Kai was giving back their assignments after grading them. He saw the smiles and the frowns on students' faces as they recieved their score, making Leo anxious about an assignment for the very first time.

Kai finally reached him, and kept the papers facing downwards on his desk before giving him a small smile and walking away. Leo gripped the edge of the paper, took in a deep breath, and then finally flipped it over.

B+

He got a B+, for the first time in years, he got a B in history. Leo grinned as he stared at the grade, he looked to his right towards Milan, who was already looking at Leo. Leo raised the sheets, showing Milan his score. Milan smiled at him, and gave him an awkward thumbs up before looking away.

Milan left the class as soon as the bell rang. Leo struggled to catch up with him because of the sea of students, but he grabbed his arm and stopped him before he could lose him again.

"Milan!" Leo called out, "listen, about Friday night—"

"I'm getting late for class," Milan interrupted him. His face was already starting to warm up from embarassment, and he really didn't want to have the awkward talk with Leo.

He came onto Leo, and got rejected. His heart really couldn't handle a repeat of that again.

"I'll walk with you," Leo suggested.

"Uh, thanks but I have to run," Milan shook his hand off Leo's grip, before turning away and jogging off towards his class.

Leo sighed as he watched the other boy's retreating figure. A part of him wanted to go after him, another part of him wanted Milan to turn around and look at him at least once, but neither of those things happened.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that Milan was embarassed about what happened, and Leo just wanted to talk to him and communicate, like Kai had advised him too. But how was he supposed to do that when Milan wasn't ready to listen?

Leo turned around, walking away in the other direction. He passed the history classroom, where Kai was leaning against the doorframe. Kai looked at Leo with a frown, and Leo just shrugged at him.

"Give him time," Kai said as he gently patted Leo's shoulder. Leo nodded before leaving, and Kai went inside the classroom.

In the other corner of the school, Milan was sitting next to Quinn in their biology class. The teacher wasn't there yet, and Milan was freaking out.

"He wanted to talk, I just ran away from him," Milan groaned, "if he didn't hate me before, then he definitely hates me now."

"Wild idea, but maybe you should just, you know, listen to him instead of jumping to conclusions?" Quinn said, and Milan stared at them with narrowed eyes.

"Listen to him say what? Oh Milan, I'm sorry but I'm straight and you don't have boobs," Milan tried to mimick Leo's deep voice.

"First, that was a very bad impression of Leo," Quinn said, giving Milan a what the fuck look, "second, have you seen how that man acts around you? He's anything but straight."

"Who's jumping to conclusions now?" Milan retorted.

"I'm just stating facts, fruitcup, has my gaydar ever wronged you? Remember that guy at Starbucks who you were absolutely certain was straight?" Quinn rose an eyebrow in challenge.

"That was a one off, shut up," Milan muttered. The two stopped talking after that as the teacher finally entered.

The next couple of classes passed by in a blur, Milan wasn't looking forward to the end of the day. Not only did he have math with Leo, but also their Mathlete meeting. Delilah and Jai always paired up during those, so Milan would have no option but to work with the boy he was so hell bent on ignoring.

Just before lunch, Milan went to use to the restroom. Once he was done with his business and was drying his hands, the door to the washroom opened. Milan only looked to the side when he heard the footsteps coming towards him.

Milan's eyes widened as Leo marched towards him with a determined expression on his face. He looked a little pissed off too, and Milan nervously stepped back. Milan felt the wall against his back, as Leo finally stopped in front of him. Leo kept both his hands on the wall beside Milan's face, trapping him in as he leaned in real close.

"No running away now, you're going to hear me out," Leo kept a finger under Milan's chin, lifting his face up so that they were looking eye to eye, "you're going to listen to every word I say, okay?"

"Uh..."

"Answer me, Milan, are you going to listen to me or not?"

Milan stared at Leo, the shock visible on his face as his mouth went dry. He knew he was supposed to say yes, but no words came out. All he could think was how attractive Leo was up close, and how this was the worst time and place to get an erection.

***

my kink is healthy communication