eight

The ball is coming to an end, and Prince Damien has went back to his chambers. He informed Katerina to let him know by tomorrow how she truly feels , he also says he won't be upset with whatever decision.

Bash watches Katerina talk to her Lady Laura and slowly comes up.

"Sorry to interrupt, but may I speak to Princess Katerina ?" Bash waits for Laura to bow and leave before inching his way closer to her.

He looks down and sees the height difference, once she looks up at him wit her doe brown eyes he melts, he also knows it's time to tell her. "We never got that dance."

"You never asked"

"You seemed busy with the Prince" Bash retorts back. He raises his eyebrow and looks back at Katerina to see her smirking.

"What I mean is, all you have to do is ask" She moves her eyes to his and she can tell he rather have this dance more privately.

"Follow me" he says quietly, moving away before Katerina can speak.

He leads her around the castle, and into a secluded balcony. Light yellow flowers outline the the area and dim lights are shown by candles.

Once they get there, Bash bows and offers his hand to her. "May I have this dance?"

"But there's no music" She laughed softly.

"That's the best part" He responded back.

Katerina took Bash's hand and she watches his smile become more relaxed. They sway to the sounds of nature as the wind goes through their hair in harmony.

She watches the way his eyes bore into hers and she wants nothing more from him but a simple kiss, but she knows how much that would cost him.

Bash looks at her with such adoration, he can't help but want to kiss her, marry her, get his own land for her. He wants to be better and to change for her. To move away from his brother, his father and Mary. He wants everything with Katerina.

"Katerina..." Bash starts to speak. He watches Katerina smile and look at him, waiting for him to continue. He moves his one hand lower on her back and gently move her closer to him. "I love you" he whispers.

"You make me want to be better. I know I have nothing to offer, or nearly as much as the many men who have come here for you. But I can promise to protect you, to be your closest friend and your husband. My love for you will never die"

Katerina looks at him, watching his face , his smile, his eyes . She can't help but be blessed to hear those words come out of his mouth. She waited so long for it, so long for a simple I love you to take place.

"I love you Sebastian. No matter your title, no matter what you offer. You show me everyday what it takes when you love someone." She smiles softly at him.

Katerina didn't notice the tears of happiness rolling down her cheek, so Bash uses the pad of his thumb to wipe them away. He kisses her cheeks, where the tears were falling from and pulls back. Taking both of his hands and placing them on her face and neck, he smiles.

"I love you sunshine, my beautiful Katerina" Bash's lips touch Katerina's gently. A light kiss in the light breeze, but once Katerina kisses back, the kiss deepens. He moves his one hand around her waist and pull her closer.

Once they break away she looks back up at him, a big smile on her face before responding. "I love you Sebastian"

The smile on Bash's face only grows as he pulls her into a hug. A hug that lasts a life time. Once he pulls back he stares at her in love and admiration.

"What are we going to tell everyone?" He says quietly.

"That we love each other." She smiles back.

"But they will assume we will be getting married then" he says with a hint of fear. "Of course we don't have too"

"All you have to do is ask, Bash" Katerina's voice is soft , and inviting.

Bash breaks away, taking a step back before looking her up and down. His wife, his soon got be wife. He needs to ask, he needs to ask before someone else does.

"My beautiful Katerina, my sunshine" he pauses. "Will you do me the honor, of becoming my beloved , adoring, beautiful wife?" His choice of words make her smile.

"I would love nothing more than to be your wife."