seven

The Queen was hosting a ball. A ball that would put Katerina in a weird position. One filled with choices when in her heart, she only wanted one, Bash.

Bash and Katerina have grown closer, sharing stories, going on rides and walks nearly everyday. She loves the fact he enjoyed the same things she does. Like reading under the willow tree, to sneaking around at night.

Bash and Katerina never grew tired of each other. They cherished all the time they are spent together, since Bash has taken more responsibility.

Katerina's lady's just left her chambers, they helped do her hair and pick out a dress. They understood what Katerina was going through so they did their best for cheer her up. They only wanted what's best for her.

Mary and Katerina barely spoke after their last talk. Katerina was upset her sister saw her that way, especially because they barely spent anytime together. Katerina changed, but yet Mary looked at her like a little girl.

A knock was heard from her door and Katerina walked to it, opening it and seeing Bash stand proudly in front of her. Katerina put her hair in a braid and Bash couldn't help but love the look. Strands of hair outlined her face and her pink plump lips stood out to him.

"I got you these" Bash said with a smile, handing her light yellow flowers. The same ones slowly dying in her room.

Katerina stepped aside to allow him in and gave him a sweet smile. "Thank you. I hope you didn't go through so much trouble"

"It wasn't. I was out with the guards when I stumbled upon them" He moved to replace the old ones but Katerina stopped him.

"Maybe I should put them in my hair? It will look beautiful and also it will be our secret" Katerina suggested. "Almost like we are together but no one knows"

Bash blushed and moved his head away from her. "As friends?" He asked, hoping she would say no, but Katerina held her breathe. She assumed he wanted it that way, so she changed the subject.

"Can you dance?" She asked, placing the small flowers into her braid.

Bash moved behind her, helping her place them gently into place. "A little."

Katerina turned in his arms, her face looking up at his. They made eye contact, both of their lips inches away from each other's. "Then save me a dance"

-🥀-

The room was crowded. Katerina couldn't spot Bash anywhere and grew anxious. She stood by herself, as she watched her lady's talk to suitors.

"Princess Katerina" A man with dark hair spoke next to her.

Her eyes moved to his and she bowed slightly before speaking. "Prince Damien"

She remembered his face, how could she not? His wife recently died , and so he was looking for someone to fill that spot. Maybe he was nice, charming and caring, but if they weren't going to click like her and Bash, she didn't want it.

"I've heard your hard to catch" He speaks, their eyes watching the others dance. "Many have tried to get your attention."

"Well Prince Damien, I do have standards" Katerina said back in a teasing tone.

"May I ask what they are?" He responded back matching her tone playfully.

"Well, for one they must be kind. The rest are my own little secrets" She looked at him and was shocked to see his eyes already on her, taking her in.

"Hopefully by the end of the night you can tell me if I meet them?" He smiles proudly, offering his hand for a dance.

Katerina bows and takes it, following close behind him as he leads her to the dance floor. The music was soft and slow but also uplifting. Everyone crowded around , dancing with the pair.

"I have kids" Prince Damien states. "Kids who need a mother. A mother willing to love them. When I look at you, I see someone ready to make that generous sacrifice"

Katerina's eyes are glued to his, trying to seek the truth as he speaks so softly. "I see"

"But I also want to fall in love. Take the risk. My wife and I fell out of love, unfortunately it was a tough marriage." He looks up, spinning Katerina around.

Katerina takes in his words and then some. "Could you possibly fall in love with me?" She asks as their chest collide.

"I believe so" he says, his one hand moving to her lower back, teasingly. "You and I could be great for each other"

The dance picks up and her eyes are looking up at his blue ones. She feels a warm sensation in her stomach but falters. "Would you want anymore kids?"

Prime Damien thinks for only a moment. "Im not sure. But that's not something I'm willing to scratch out yet"

By the time the dance is done, they both bow and he offers his hand to walk her back. Once she grabs it, she looks up and see's Bash staring at her. He looks angry, or jealous but once she smiles at him all his fears go away.

Bash knows it's time to tell her, and he will.