Date time

Neva's P.O.V.

"Come on Neva!" Two-bit called from the other side of the bathroom door. "What do you want?" I called back. "I have to go bad'" He called back. "Well too bad. Run to Steve's or something!" I said annoyed. "Come on. Just hurry. Please." Two-bit shouted. "Go watch Mickey or something." I shouted back. "No! He's the reason I'm yelling at you to hurry right now!" Two-bit said. I could hear him dancing around outside the door. I quietly laughed then went back to putting on eye shadow. I was getting ready to put on some blush when I noticed the pounding of my brothers feet had stopped. I quickly applied the blush then walked out of the bathroom. "Two-bit?" I said. No reply. I walked around the house. "Two?" I called. Still no reply. I looked out the window only to see the thing I hoped I'd never have to see. "Keith Matthews!" I shouted. There in the front yard, was my brother, relieving himself under a bush. His head snapped up and looked at the window. "Keith get in here now before I call mom!" I yelled. I shut my eyes and walked to the bathroom. I looked at my makeup in the mirror and walked to my bedroom. I looked in the full mirror at myself. I had on a sky blue dress with white flats, my blonde hair was curled, and my makeup made the outfit complete. "Why are you getting so dolled up anyways?" Two-bit asked from behind me. "Ponyboy's taking me on a date." I said. Two looked like he was gonna choke. "Pony? As in Ponyboy? Like Ponyboy Curtis? Darry and Sodapop Curtis's little brother?" Two-bit asked. "Yep. He's taking me to the Dingo. Oh and Two. I want you to stay away from Buck's tonight." I said softly. "Alright. Just be home before midnight okay?" Two-bit said. "Okay." I said.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Ponyboy's P.O.V.

I looked at myself in the mirror. A blue shirt, nice jeans, my new converse, and my hair slicked back with the right amount of hair grease. "Hey Ponyboy!" Soda yelled. "Yeah?" I said. "You should probably get going." Darry said. I nodded and walked out it the door. "And remember to run or fight if you see Socs." Soda called. "And be home before midnight." Darry added. I posted those notes in my mind as I continued walking. I began to worry about the date. What if things didn't go right? What if we got jumped? I guess I thought about these things a little too much because next second I was in front of the Matthew residence. I gulped, took a deep breath, walked to the door, and knocked on the door. Two-bit answered the door. "Neva!" He yelled. A moment later Neva came and she came out. "Huh. How did you know what color I was wearing?" She asked. "Well. Great minds think alike." I said. We began walking towards the Dingo. We had dinner there and were walking back when a bright pair of headlights shone behind us. "Run!" I shouted. We ran until we got to her house. "You're good at running." She muttered through her panting. "Thanks." I said then stood up. I sighed and she looked at me. "What's wrong?" She asked. "It's just that...well. I wanted this date to be perfect and those Socs just had to come and ruin it." I said. She smiled, stood up, and kissed me. She pulled back and smiled again. "It was perfect Pony." She said. She flashed a final grin then ran into her home, leaving me alone in her yard. Maybe I didn't mess up everything. Darry always told me that young love was strong love. Let's put it to the test. I looked at my watch that Darry had bought me. 1:00 AM. Oh boy. Let's hope brotherly love is strong, forgiving love.