II

__________________________________________

The End of the Affair
__________________________________________

~ 2011 New York, USA ~
Madeleine was fast asleep when she was woken up by the sound of her phone going off. She didn't bother checking the caller ID, deciding she'd rather keep her eyes closed.

"Whoever woke me up, you must have a death wish." Madeleine grumbled through the phone, not happy about her sleep being disrupted.

"Aww Mads, is that how you speak to your  favourite brother?" The voice of Niklaus Mikaelson responds through the speaker.

Hearing his voice caused Madeleine to groan, she hadn't spoke to the man in about 20 years when he refused to let her have Rebekah back. "What do you want Niklaus? Also you definitely are not my favourite brother. That title goes to Kol."

"Well I thought you would like to know that I'm in Chicago, with a certain ripper. And I'm planning on waking my baby sister." Klaus responds, ignoring the comment about Kol.

Madeleine was silent in shock for a moment. She couldn't believe she would finally have a chance to see Rebekah after 90 years apart from her. "You best not be fucking with me Niklaus Mikaelson, or I swear to god I will find some way to make your life hell."

"I'm not joking love. I'll meet you in Chicago tomorrow and you can pull the dagger out yourself if you want." Klaus sincerely replied, actually feeling slightly guilty about separating his sister and her lover.

"Okay! I'll be there tomorrow!" All signs of tiredness had left Madeleine once she hung up the phone. She immediately started packing all of her things. She couldn't wait to see the girl she loved more than anything. It had been too long. This is the longest the two girls had been separated and it was torture for the Castle girl.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

As soon as the plane landed in Chicago, Madeleine compelled someone to take her belongings to a hotel and then she sped as fast as she could to meet Klaus. She approached the storage unit where the coffins were being stored, she could hear Klaus going down memory lane with Stefan Salvatore.

Madeleine rolled her eyes as soon as she heard the ripper's voice. She had never liked him when they met in the 1920s. He always tried to take Rebekah from her, not realising how madly in love the pair was, or he chose to ignore it because it was obvious.

~ 1920 Chicago, USA~
Madeleine Castle and Rebekah Mikaelson were sat in a booth at Gloria's bar, Madeleine was straddling Rebekah's lap as they passionately kissed, hardly separating for breath.

They were broken apart by the sound of some raucous men by the bar. The girls rolled their eyes and complained to one another about the men. This caught the attention of Stefan Salvatore. He looked over at the girls, mainly Rebekah. This was the start of Madeleine's hatred for the Salvatore.