crush x reader: partners pt. 1

Ugh, English class again. Your stupid teacher gave you another stupid writing assignment. But, your teacher said that there would be parters! Your face lights up as you look across the room at your best friend, until the teacher says, "I will be picking the partners this time." The whole class groans while your teacher picks the partners. You sense the tension and anticipation of the kids around you, hoping they get partnered with a friend. As the teacher finishes up the partner list, you start to get anxious. What if you're with some random guy that you don't like? The teacher stands up and starts to announce the partners. Your best friend gets partnered with one of the pick-me popular girls. You begin to laugh as your friend rolls their eyes. The teacher calls your name. Your face starts to get hot while you wait for the next name. The teacher says, "Y/N and C/N will be partners." You heat up even more as you look at C/N. He's looking right back at you. You quickly turn away. He smiles and looks back at the teacher. After the teacher was done, they said, "This assignment will be a long one, so, you will be going out in pairs in the hallway. There will be no distractions." The class groans again. We all mentally agree that this class was stupid, especially the teacher. We all get into our pairs today to think of topics. You sit in the corner of the room, and C/N starts to move his desk towards you. He says, "Well, I didn't think we'd be partners." You smile and laugh it off, as if to say that you agree with his statement. You kind of just stare off into space, down at your paper, wondering what will happen. He sees you and says, "Y/N, you alright?" You quickly look up and say, "Yeah. It's just the morning, y'know? I'm kind of tired. Let's just get started on topics." He smiles, and you smile back. He seems a lot less talkative compared to the other girls he talks to. He's kind of popular and loud, but when eyes are on you, he's quiet. You never really understood why.

You begin to think of topics, but at the back of your mind is the question, "What about the hallway?" You cringe thinking about how awkward it will be. That's only tomorrow, though, so get back on track!