cupid hates me club | yedam (2/2)

•••》Please read the first part.

The four of them didn't care that they were sent to the principal's office. They were more interested in Yedam's endearing mission as they patiently waited on a long bench outside the principal's office. The staff told them that the principal was busy on the phone, taking an important call, so the latter couldn't receive them right away.

At least we're missing classes, Yedam thought to himself. He was secretly pleased. Classes were torture even for students with straight A's like him.

"Park Jeongwoo," Sunghoon whispered to himself as he stared at Yedam's notes, a frown evident on his face. He fiddled with his fingers on the wooden bench, lost deeply in his thoughts. "Why does his name sound so familiar..."

"Isn't that your cousin's friend?" Jisung suddenly choked out.

The three young men looked at him with wide eyes. He was absolutely right.

"Yes, oh my lord. I'm gonna call Jungwon right now," Sunghoon almost yelled out. His fingers rapidly dialed his cousin's number until he realized that his cousin was probably in class with this mysterious Jeongwoo. So, he settled down for a text. "I invited him to eat with us during lunchtime. I specifically told him to bring his friends too."

"Did he say yes?" Hueningkai urged.

"Geez, calm down! I just sent it three seconds ago!"

"Thank you for your brilliant moment, my friend! That was the highlight of the year," Yedam playfully patted Jisung's shoulder. He was grinning widely.

Jisung shrugged sheepishly, awkward face to compliments. "No problem. Your cupid agenda is actually quite entertaining. The question is... How will we find the three others if we don't even know their names?"

"I mean... I don't think a lot of people are obsessed with koalas in our school, no offense," Yedam commented as he looked down at his notes once again. "Let's just watch out for it."

Hueningkai grinned too and pursed his lips as if he was daydreaming. "Honestly, koalas are pretty cute. I don't blame the guy."

They were interrupted as two students who seemed older than them walked into the hallway, looking frustrated. The four of them instantly shut up. Their conversation had been way too private to be heard by curious ears (cupid hates me club was serious business to them). However, the two students were too immersed in their argument that they continued talking, not even acknowledging Yedam and his friends.

"Stop whining, okay?" The one with the jean jacket said to the other brown-haired student. "You wanted to skip classes; I am skipping classes with you. You wanted to see me yesterday night; I came right over. Why are you still sulking?"

The other young man shrugged. He looked sad.

"Ugh, Junkyu, are you still cold to me because I refused to wear panda pajamas?" The jean jacket boy went on. "I told you it's just not my style. I'd do anything else!"

"It's not because of pajamas. It's the way you reacted! You said I was an airhead. Is it because you think I like stupid things and act like a child?" Junkyu snapped.

"What? No-"

"Forget it, Jihoon. We weren't made for each other anyway." The student with broad shoulders pouted and started to walk faster toward the end of the hallway. He had a koala schoolbag on his shoulders.

Sunghoon started nudging Yedam out of excitement, catching the attention of all three of his friends. Yedam frowned and looked down at his notes. He pointed to the section: koala.jk and looked at Sunghoon with wide eyes, blinking incredulously. He couldn't believe the coincidence. Sunghoon nodded his head and mouthed in silence, it's definitely him.