2558 sunsets | jihoon

▪︎▪︎▪︎》in which junkyu and jihoon wonder how they turned from best friends to strangers

ship: jikyu (friendship)

genre: angst - good luck and prepare your tissues because that story feels just too real sometimes.

ˏˋ sunset number 1 ˎˊ ♡

THE FIRST TIME Jihoon started counting the sunsets was on that miserable day when he thought all his dreams would disappear into smoke. It was the first day after New Year and it already wasn't a good day. In fact, it was one of those days where he felt so down that he wished he wouldn't exist anymore. But it was also the day he met someone who came into his life like a hurricane and turned it all around simply with his sweet smile and sunshine eyes.

All his life, Jihoon thought one thing. He thought no one knew how it felt to be utterly alone and lost.

Things weren't going smoothly in his life as a trainee. He was once kicked out of YG and brought back. Since then, he had been threatened over and over again to be kicked out of this company for a second time, the only company that even wanted him in the first place. He swallowed his complaints up and bottled up his feelings deep inside his chest, although it only made him feel worse. What else could he do? He had no one to lean onto, no friend, and he was not brave enough to speak up for himself.

His life at home was no better. His mom didn't care about their family and barely came home anymore, which he understood, because his dad was a cheater and a drinker. He had no sister nor brother, so again he suffered all that on his own.

"Park Jihoon, sharpen your moves," the coach scolded and looked at him with so much disappointment that Jihoon felt his heart drop to the floor. "If this continues, I'm afraid we would have to drop you. Again."

In other words, you are not good enough to achieve your dream.

Jihoon knew that. He knew he wasn't the best. He wasn't even good. And even if he was good, good was not enough to succeed in this industry.

"Sorry, sir. I'll try harder."

The coach sighed and shook his head like he didn't believe it. "That's what you've been saying for the past three months, but I don't see any change. If there is, then it's not for the better. I want to see real progress, okay?"

"Okay," Jihoon replied in a breathless voice, feeling like he was sinking under cold waters.

Hyunsuk, Doyoung, Haruto, Jeongwoo, Jaehyuk, and Yedam watched him with saddened eyes. They had been practicing with Jihoon for years now, but it was always the same thing. Their skills improved and improved while Jihoon's remained the same. He felt horrible about it.