city lights | jeongwoo

▪︎▪︎▪︎》in which jeongwoo can't fall asleep so he drags haruto to the busy streets for a night excursion

ships: hajeongwoo (friendship), t5, harukyu (romantic), jaewoo

genres: light-hearted

|city lights|

WHEN JEONGWOO couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard he tried, he decided it would probably be the best idea if he woke up his best friend and roommate, for a night excursion out.

"Psssht," he whispered loudly to Haruto who was soundly asleep in the lower deck of their bunk bed. "Ruto-ah, wake up now!"

Jeongwoo was usually the excited type of person, but tonight, it was even more exceptional. Why, you might wonder? It was their last day of high school. The night before their final graduation. Aren't students supposed to do something special on that night, to celebrate the fact they've survived four years of hell?

"What?" Haruto finally replied, not surprised at Jeongwoo's head peaking out from the top of the bunk.

The latter looked so funny with his eyes wide open of excitement that Haruto unwillingly let out a chuckle. He was still a little bit sleepy, but he was used to being interrupted by Jeongwoo's innumerable ideas and unstoppable energy at random times during the night. That's what four years of being roommates with him did to his sleeping habits. Tragic, really.

Now it was Jeongwoo's turn to frown. "What do you mean what? Why are you giggling? Is there something funny?" He glanced right and left in an exaggerated manner.

"Yes. Your face," Haruto teased him.

Jeongwoo was about to throw a pillow down at his best friend, but someone knocked from the room beside of theirs. The walls were thin. He instantly knew who it was.

"Yah, stop this right now," their friend Asahi ranted from the other side of the wall. "We can hear every single word you're saying."

"Sorry not sorry!" Jeongwoo whispered loudly, throwing his hands in the air. "We are graduating tomorrow! This is the perfect excuse to have some fun."

"Is this why you're so loud?" Asahi groaned back. "Alright, have your fun, but outside our apartment, I'm begging. Jaehyuk and Junghwan are in a deep sleep so don't you dare wake them up."

"Aww, selfless Sahi!" Jeongwoo cooed. "Fine! I will listen to you. Ruto, wanna hit the busy streets?"

Haruto had learned to not be surprised with whatever strange request Jeongwoo throwed anymore. So he only nodded and followed his friend's lead as they hurriedly put on their coats and stepped out in the dark of the night. Although it was summer, the temperature was still cool outside. They looked like two crazy people as they ran across the streets, the moon gleaming upon them.

2am ▪︎▪︎▪︎》

They laughed. They both forgot their phones in the dorms.

"Well, that's too bad. Guess we will not know the time." Jeongwoo shrugged like it was not a big deal, which he genuinely didn't think it was. He motioned to the sky full of stars. "See? We can just stare at the moon as reference. When it will be replaced by the sun, then it'll be morning."