without you | haruto (1/2)

▪︎▪︎▪︎》in which haruto is still hung up over his ex and wonders why they broke up

ships: harukyu (romantic), mashikyu, harusahi, haruhwan, sukhoon

genres: angst, romcom

|without you|

NOT A SINGLE DAY went by without Haruto dutifully stalking his ex's Instagram page. Who was he seeing? Did he hang out with anyone lately? Was he happier without him? It made him feel sick to the stomach to see any updates about him, but it was even worse when he received no news.

The questions and the wondering would eat him alive someday, he was sure of it.

"Snap out of it," Asahi sighed as he noticed his friend refreshing the same page over and over again. "You are literally residing on his Instagram page at this point, and I promise he's not doing the same thing for you."

Haruto glanced at his co-worker and friend who had a hot chocolate on one hand and some marshmallows on the other. No matter what time it was, Asahi always needed his drink to get on with his busy day at their company.

"Good afternoon to you too, Asahi," he sarcastically greeted.

Asahi hid his smile. "You seem grumpy as usual. Should I have brought you a hot chocolate?"

It was Haruto's turn to sigh. He roughly threw his phone on the marketing team's table and collected his belongings. "It would be no use because I'm taking the rest of the day off. I can't concentrate on marketing strategies when my boyfriend's posting lovey-dovey pictures with another man."

He stopped himself, wondering what was wrong with his sentence. His heart ached once more when he cleared his throat and corrected himself.

"Sorry. I meant my ex."

Asahi looked at him with a mixture of compassion and pity. This conversation felt vaguely familiar to him, like déjà-vu.

Thoughout the last four months and eleven days (he didn't count but Haruto did and constantly reminded him of it), which was ever since Haruto and Junkyu's legendary breakup that everyone in the company secretly gossiped about, his co-worker had no motivation to do anything.

He looked and acted entirely like a zombie. He thought it would just be a phase, but he wasn't sure anymore.

Haruto shook his head when he understood the direction of Asahi's thoughts. "Stop it. Stop feeling sorry for me or worrying about my well-being, okay? I'm all good. I'll move on soon, to someone better. And I'll show him what he's missing."

"Ruto-"

"Have a nice day," Haruto interrupted him before storming out of the office room like he was running away from something life-threatening.

Asahi stared after him. His throat felt tight as he shared his friend's pain. Move on? Those seemed like empty words and wishful thinking from his friend-since-birth Haruto.

Granted, Asahi had never been in love, not yet, but he could imagine the way his friend felt for all these years and the heartbreak that inevitably followed his break-up. Coming out of a relationship was already bad enough, but make it a long-term one and it would be the cherry on the sundae.

He shook his head and sat down on the chair, ready to continue Haruto's unfinished marketing plan. He needed to carry the company he shared with Haruto and he was okay with it.

For now at least.

Until his partner got a grip of himself.

《○○○》