Oh Joy: Chapter 15

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I haven't posted in so long! Really, I promise I won't not post for this period of time ever again. Whenever I actually /wanted/ to write, Wattpad was being stupid and wouldn't let me ;A; But now it's fixed! Thank you so much to the 31 or so readers who've actually been reading every chapter, it means so much to me! But, you know what would make me feel even more special? If one of you commented, or voted! Just to know you still care.... I might re-write the hospital scene in the last chapter, considering I actually WENT to the hospital two weeks ago. They though I had appedicitus and I got an ultrasound and a cat-scan, But all I ad was an infection in my left kidney. Lots of water for me! We just got back from spring break here, and I'm not happy about school -.- Waking up at 6 a.m. to learn /maybe/ one useful thing that I'll actually use in life every day? I don't think so. Anyway, I should probably start writing the story xD

---------------------

My belongings had already been removed from the house, sparing me the horror of having to go back inside that building, ever again. Since I was the only living, sane, member of the family, all the money went to my Aunt, to be given to me when I turn eighteen. The doctors told me the scar from the stab and the surgery combined would never go away, not that it was that big. Father had made a clean stab, and the surgeons were neat and tidy when sewing me shut. 

I opened the door to my new room in the small apartment in the Peal District of downtown Portland. My dish chair was in the corner, my cover too big on the twin sized bed, new sheets that have never been mine. My laptop sat on the light wooden desk in the far corner of the room. A white book case was at the end of my white bed, since my closet was no longer a walk-in and could not hold my multitude of novels anymore. The walls were a silvery-grey color, not unlike the secondary color on my covers. A picture of my family, excluding my father, sat in a golden frame on the small bedside table, next to my lamp.

As I collapsed onto my bed, I picked up the picture, tears pricking my eyes. My new friend, the voice, tried to worm its way into my mind again, but I put up steel barriers from my pain, pushing it away to the far corners of my brain. I didn't have time or energy to listen to its lies and whispers, and the manipulation it always caused my sight.  I set the picture back on the bedside table, putting my head in my hands. Images of my mother and brother never ceased to flash through my brain, bringing an onslaught of pain and gried with every memory. My brother making a silly face, my mom laughing, the songs my mother used to hum when she was distracted, Taz teasing me with an object above his head, I fell onto my side and curled up, sobbing. That murdering, damn pathetic excuse for a father took them away from me. I tried to bring my knees to my chest, but a fiery pain erupted in my stomach and I cried out, throwing my head back and shoving my knees away. Guess the cut's still sensitive...

A knock sounded on the door of my new room and I sat up, wiping away the tears.

I cleared my throat before calling, "Come in!" quietly.

My aunt Lindsey stepped in, her eyes also red with tears. In her arms was a tray with a bowl of Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich, and a small glass of water. She smiled weakly, walking in and setting the tray on my desk. 

"I thought you might be hungry," she said lightly, trying to be happy. "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged, "I'm okay. Will I still be going to Sherwood High?" 

Lindsey flinched slightly at my direct approach. She sat down on the bed next to me. "Well, you have two options. You can either a) Go to Sherwood High, but you'd have to wake up pretty early and get on a bus my six thirty if you want to get to school on time. Or b) You can find a new school in Portland. It's your choice sweetheart." Her voice was uncertain, as if she didn't know how to speak to me.