Oh Joy: chapter 14

I woke up in a blindingly white room, causing me to recoil into my bed. It was firm and uncomfortable. Couldn't the hospital at least afford good beds? The small room was silent, except for the huffs of my breaths....and someone elses. 

He was sitting there, a twisted smirk plastered across his otherwise calm face. He sat in the plastic chair, fingers intertwined, and watched me. I tried to shrink even closer into the bed, trying to scoot away from him. But I couldn't go very far, discovering that my hands and feet were strapped down with crude leather straps. As he stood up from the chair, causing it to wobble slightly, I struggled against my bindings fruitlessly, failing to even loosen them slightly.

He cocked his head to a 30 degree angle, his eyes alight with a wild fire once more. 

"You really think you could get away from me that easily?" he murmured, his voice silky yet deadly.

I whimpered, struggling harder against the straps.

He reached into his pocket, pulling out a large, razor sharp needle with a length of pink string looped through. He walked over to my bed slowly, and I began to scream. Nobody heard me though, the walls were thick and padded, preventing a peep to get out. 

He climbed onto my bed and shifted into a postition where he was straddling my stomach, and I screamed louder, thrashing under him. He reached behind my head and, to my surprise, found a new leather strap of torture. Shoving my head down quickly, he strapped the leather over my forehead, preventing me from moving. Tears rolled down my cheeks, I could feel the moisture dampening my face. 

He wiped them away gently, a sad smile on his crazy face. "Don't cry baby. You see, the thing is, you just know too much. And since you won't be quiet, I need to make you," he shook the needle and thread in his right hand. 

I screamed and struggled, but I was unable to move over a quarter of an inch. "D-Daddy, please don't, I'll be good, I promise!" I begged, resorting to different methods. 

But he just stroked my hair and smiled. Then, quick as a flash, there was shooting pains in my mouth, and I screamed in the back of my throat, not daring to open my mouth anymore. It would just make it worse now, anyway. I felt a sticky wetness on my lips and chin; blood. 

When it was over, I sobbed silently, my eyes boring to the man sitting on me. 

"See baby? My daughter's so much more beautiful when she's quiet."

He held up a mirror, and I screamed at the reflection. Blood was everywhere, and a sloppy sewing job held my lips shut, the string soaked in crimson. As I screamed in terror at my reflection, he just laughed openly, still sitting on me. 

I began to shake and convulse, my body thrashing uncontrollably.

"Dagen! Dagen! MISS  DAGEN!!!"

My eyes flickered open to a dark-skinned woman screaming my name and shaking me. Realizing that I was awake, she stopped.

"Sorry Miss, but you needed to wake up. You were screaming awfully loud, and the other patients were becoming alarmed." She wiped the sweat off my forehead with a small cloth.

Still shaking, I slowly lifted a hand to my lips, feeling their smoothness and regularness. It was just a dream. I sighed in relief.

Scanning around my room, I saw monitors and a two empty chairs. The bed was soft, and the walls were a fresh, clean white. Much better than my dream. 

"Wh-where's my....Dad?" I asked hesitanly, stiffening up at the thought of him being nearby.

The woman's dark eyes softened, and a sympethetic smile slipped onto her face. "Oh dear, he's not going to be near you anytime soon, you can be sure of that." 

I sighed in relief, settling back into the bed. "So, what's the damage?" I asked, motioning towards my stomache, which currently was pulsing with a dull pain. 

The woman looked at the chart she was cradling in her right arm, her dark brown eyes squinting slightly. Her eyes still on the chart, she anounced, "Well, you suffered from internal bleeding, and we had to perform surgery to get some of the knife that was lodged in your small intestine and sew up the tear in your appendix. it was a miracle you weren't injured horribly, you're a very lucky girl Dagen. Now, we can release you to your Aunt tomorrow, but your abdomen will be very soar and tender for a while, so you aren't allowed to be involved in any physical activity such as sports, gymnastics, your Physical Education class, or anything that might strain the area. Your Aunt is going to sign you up for physical therapy for you."

I nodded, drinking in the information and tucking it into my brain. So I was going to live with Aunt Lindsey now... Well, it's better than living with Father or a foster home. Aunt Lindsey lived in Portland, she was one of the reasons we decided to move over here. She was a pretty woman, and looked very similar to her twin/my mother, with long wavy brown hair, alluring hazel eyes and pink, full lips. They were very close as kids, and the, loss, of Mom must be affecting her greatly. 

My mind flashed the image of my mother's body, lying on the floor in a pool of her own blood, her neck broken. It then switched to my brother, then my Dad, then my dream. I squeezed my eyes shut and pressed my hands-clenched in fists- against my head, willing the images to go away.

Here, let me help 

The images quickly went away, but I groaned in frustration. The voice was back.

Didn't I tell you to LEAVE? I accused, my closed eyes narrowing as I projected my thoughts towards it.

Oh, you don't want my help? Okay.... 

The images came back, but now there was blood and gore dripping from the walls, my family's insides no longer inside their open torsos, and the white carpet was replaced with wriggling maggots, beginning to crawl up their arms and legs...

I cried out in horror

"MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP!!!!!" I screamed, both inside my head and out. 

The voice smiled (I don't know how I knew) and the images went away. I sank back into my bed and opened my eyes slowly. A nurse was peeking nervously from the door frame, her tan forehead wrinkled and her lips morphed into a worried frown. I waved slowly, slipping a small smile onto my face. The nurse, still confused, stepped away slowly.

For some reason, I found this extremely humorous and began to chuckle, increasing until I was shaking with hysterics. I slammed my fists on the bed, tears leaking out of my eyes. Poor tears, they shouldn't be coming out of my eyes. I wiped them away and smiled at the moisture in my hand. 

The nurses in the hall were looking through the open door with an odd expression on there face. Parnoid, I pressed my back against the pillows on this bed.

I didn't like this hospital.

I wanted to be out.

~~~~

Hey guys, finally done with this chapter! Oh my god, it took my forever Dx Hope you guys like it, sorry for the crappy ending!

pleasepleasePUH-LEEEEAAASE comment/vote/fan <3

thanks for reading ^^

~Lion