Oh Joy: Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I looked in the bathroom mirror, my hair sopping wet, with the scissors in my hand. I couldn't believe I was doing this. My hair had been brushed to perfection, and I gathered it into a tight ponytail. Taking a deep breath, I raised the scissors to my head, shearing off my long hair to 4 inches below the ponytail. It feel to the floor with a soft thunk, causing me to hiss in surprise. Slowly, I let the ponytail out, looking at how short my hair was. It now reached my shoulders. I brushed my a section of hair into my face, just like the girl in the video did. I snip it off in a diagonal formation, so it nearly covered my right eye. I looked in the mirror, satisfied. My mother was going to flip out, but oh well. I brushed the hair off my face and onto the floor, grabbing my hairdryer. I dried my hair and took a step back. It looked professorial, I was surprised I did so good. Now that my hair was dry, it reached right above my shoulders, swaying when I walked. I smiled, feeling the ends and how short they were. I cleaned up the mess I'd made and walked out, wrapping up the sharp hair styling scissors. 

My brother walked out of his room. He glanced at me, then stopped in his tracks and did a double take.

"What, did you do Dage!?!?" He asked, touching the ends of my hair hesitantly.

I laughed. "Seemed like it was time for change. Do you like it?"

Taz nodded slowly. "It looks good. You did this?" 

"Yup!" I squealed, smiling widely. 

Taz chuckled. "Okay then. Just be away from me when Mom finds out, I don't want to see that."

I shoved my brother's arm playfully, walking down the hall. It was getting late, and I had to go to school tomorrow. I knocked on my mothers door.

"Come in!" She called.

I took a deep breath before opening the door. "H-hi Mom." I said hesitantly. Her eyes widened, and she stood up from sitting on her bed.

'WHAT. HAPPENED. TO. YOUR HAIR!?!?!" She cried, running up to me and grabbing the short ends. I winced, that woman can pull hard. I gently pulled her hands away, holding them together so she couldn't yank my roots out again.

"I-I felt it was time for change, so I cut my hair. It was so long, mom. Barely anybody at my school has long hair." I complained, making it seem like I just wanted to fit in. I knew that if I said it like that, my mom wouldn't flip out as much.

Proving my theory right, I saw her eyes soften. "Couldn't you have at least just asked me to take you somewhere to cut it? It doesn't look bad, but still....."

I shook my head. "We both know you'd say no." I explained with a laugh. She sighed and shrugged, fingering the ends of my hair as if they'd grow back any second. I smiled and walked out of the room. 

Taz's head popped out of his doorway. "How'd it go?"

"Not as bad as I thought!" I explained with a smile. He made a 'hmph' noise and went back inside his room. I walked downstairs to grab something for dinner, since Mom hadn't made any tonight. My eyes flicked over to the time; eight thirty. Little late for dinner, oh well. I opened the fridge, grabbed the ingredients for a sandwich, and threw it all together in a matter of minutes. I dragged myself back upstairs after grabbing a  root beer from the fridge and returning the items I'd used. I munched happily on my sandwich as I plopped onto my bed. When I was done, I went over to my closet, rifling through the bottom. 

"AHA!" I exclaimed, pulling out what I'd been looking for; my laptop. It was a purple dell mini, with white and grey flower designs all over it. I'd had the pattern custom made, and I loved it. Plugging the charger in and flipping open the screen, I logged in and pulled up my e-mail. 10 new e-mails, most were junk, but a few were from my friends back home. I read the messages and responded, flicking to Facebook next. I logged in and clicked on my profile, creating a new status.

"In Sherwood, and loving it ^^" 

I clicked on the chat box, but nobody was there that particularly caught my interest. I sighed, shutting down the computer. Picking up one of my favorite books of the shelf, I began to thumb through it absentmindedly until I looked at the clock and saw it was ten thirty.  I changed into a midnight blue tank top and a pair of blue pajama shorts with birds all over them, washing my face and brushing my teeth in the bathroom, then slipping into bed. I wasn't very tired, so it took me a while to fall asleep. Sighing, I rolled over, willing my eyes to stay shut.

~~~~

-sigh- filler chapter, sorry! I'm not having a lot of inspiration at the moment. Maybe if y'all actually commented....Just kidding, I don't even know if that would help xD. Anyway, thanks for reading, I love you for it!

Comment, vote, fan, please?

~Lion