- 19 -

Seeing light coming into her room, Rona slowly woke up from her slumber after crying the whole night. Her body was sore, with bruises accompanied by winces of pain.

She slowly rose and sat down to look at the bruise of last night's events. She tried to touch a bruise on her thighs. "Ouch."

She proceeded to locate the places where she should attend first aid care. Almost all of her body parts were covered with purple bruises.

Rona tried to walk but she couldn't even stand on her feet. She got frustrated about it and started throwing things around her while shouting out of frustration.

This alerted the maids downstairs and they quickly ran to Rona's room, attending to her.

The head maid, Joohee quickly summoned her other co-workers to restrain Rona. "LET ME GO! GO AWAY!" Rona tried to free herself but failed.

"Inhye, go grab the thing!" Joohee said. The younger maid hesitated, but she still brought it nevertheless. "LET ME GO!" Rona protested.

Joohee injected a shot into Rona and soon after a short period of time, Rona fell unconscious.

The maids carried Rona back to the bed and settled down, breathing hard.

"Go Inhye, you will be Mrs. Rona's personal maid starting from today. Sir has narrowed down some special rules for Mrs. Rona and you must follow them." Joohee as the head maid appointed.

"Yes, Miss Joohee." The maid bowed. "You need to run Mrs. Rona's bath in 30 minutes. The others, please proceed with your chores."

The maids left Inhye alone as she went to the bathroom and prepared Rona's bath.

"Joo Seokhoon," Suryeon called out to her son who had just come back. Seokhoon scans over the living room and saw everybody was there altogether.

"Where have you been? It's already 5 in the evening and you didn't answer all of our calls at all. Adeul, I'm worried for you." Suryeon said, caressing her son's cheeks.

Dark circles were visible on Seokhoon's under eyes and he was looking so haggard.

"Geokjeong maseyo, eomma. I'm from the studio, my battery died and I didn't bring my adapter along." Seokhoon assured his worried mother.

"Geurae, I am sorry for asking you a lot of questions. You must be tired, you should rest in your room." Suryeon said, smiling weakly at her son.

"Seokhoon-ah, I am so sorry to take away your rest time but we need to talk," Logan told the younger male.

"Of course, Dad." Seokhoon nodded, and then followed Logan to the study room. Seokhoon shuts the door behind him and sat on the sofa.

"Seokhoon-ah." Logan started. "I think it's time for you to take over." He said. Seokhoon, not surprised nodded, understanding the word.

"I know it would be time soon, this is nothing to me anyway, Appa. Besides, I think this must be the time that fate has told me to focus on Shimwoon more." Seokhoon assured Logan.

"We can always push back your presidency, son. I don't want to push you into this, we have a lot of time for you to be really ready."

Logan couldn't read his stepson's face, he didn't know either Seokhoon is just trying to forget about Rona by overworking or he is ready to become CEO of Shimwoon Corporate right now and then.

"No, I am ready for this. I know it must come to an end of my unemployed life and I know my delay has caused you and Eomma a lot of distress." Seokhoon said.

"Don't worry about me, plus it's time for you and Eomma to retire from the company. It has been hard work for both of you since Shimwoon and Logan Lee Corporate merged 7 years ago."

Deep thinking kept Logan occupied for a bit, but he concluded that Seokhoon was right. Suryeon and him aren't getting any younger, and they indeed need definite rest after running a big company for decades.

"I'll trust Shimwoon in your hands, Seokhoon-ah. Please do take care of Shimwoon greatly."

"I will make sure you guys will be proud of Shimwoon more than ever, Appa. Please do anticipate it." Seokhoon smiled weakly.

Headlines of Seokhoon seeped deeper and made it into trending searches on the web. It, of course, reached Yoondo's office no later than anybody else.

"Boss, there's an article requiring your full attention." Yoondo's head secretary informed the man in the office. "This better worth my time, Secretary Kang. Let me see it."

Yoondo was handed a tablet and he was indeed delighted. "Joo Seokhoon. You've finally started the fight, I've been waiting for this day forever."

He chuckled alone, handing back the tablet to his man after. "Put his event invitation on urgent. This is quite a rare sight to see, I must attend with my wife."

"Yes, sir." The head secretary left the room and left Yoondo with smiles.

Hearing the same news, the Ha household was not bothered by Seokhoon's sudden decision. Instead, they felt the guilt of asking Seokhoon to let their daughter go free.

"Seokhoon must be tormented by the marriage, I know he will overwork like crazy. I've been there with him since he was a boy." Yoonhee sighed, her breath shaking.

"I bet he will, he would. That boy was abused by his own father, he only got validation by working hard on something that would make his father proud." Yoonchul sighed, guilt building hard in him.

"Have you contacted Rona yet? I am quite worried about her, love." Yoonhee asked her husband, in hopes Rona did update.

"No, not yet for now. I've been trying to connect with her starting last night, but it seems she has her phone off." They both got even anxious, really scared that Rona was being controlled.

"Let me try and call her, honey." Yoonhee got up and grabbed her phone that was on the coffee table and dialed Rona's number.

"This number is unreachable, please try again later." Yoonhee got even more worried about Rona's suspicious disappearance.

Their door beeped, signing Eunbyeol had just got home from her job at the office. The couple rushed to Eunbyeol who was barely in the entrance with anxious eyes.

"Have you tried contacting your sister today, princess? We've been trying since last night-" "I came back home in a hurry for the same reason." Yoonchul and Yoonhee looked at each other, tears filling up Yoonhee's eyes.

"Rona's manager unnie had tried calling her this morning a thousand times but got to no avail. I've tried calling her as well but the outcome was all the same. I came home to ask you guys to try ringing up Yoondo sunbae."

Eunbyeol was on the verge of crying while delivering her words to both of her parents. Yoonchul fished out his phone from his pockets and dialed Yoondo's number.

The line rang for a few seconds before there was a sign of someone picking up the phone call.

"Yes, Father? "