- 13 -

"Thank you sister, I appreciate your positive energy tonight. Good evening everyone, thank you so much for coming to Mom's birthday party. Joo Seokhoon-nim is here with me, he will be my accompanist for this evening's performance."

Seokhoon bows towards the crowd, sitting back down afterward. "We have prepared two songs for tonight, please sit back and enjoy. Thank you so much." Rona ended her short but meaningful speech.

She gave Seokhoon a signal and they started with the historical aria that contributed to their relationship, Je Veux Vivre.

With a round of applause from the guests, Rona bows and waited for the claps to die down. Meanwhile, the watching Yoondo is chugging down a few shots of whiskey down his throat, annoyed by the cheering.

He felt betrayed, he disliked the fact that John Bio and Shimwoon have a really good connection with each other and now he needs to see Rona performing with Seokhoon, a Shimwoon heir.

The noise died down and Rona started her speech right away. "Thank you so much for your enthusiasm. The next song that we will play is Sempre Libera, a song that is Mom's favorite. I hope I could wow you yet again tonight, thank you."

Rona looks at Seokhoon, nodding as a sign that she is ready. Seokhoon looks at her and takes the signal.

Again, a round of applause, instead now louder is given to the couple on stage. Seokhoon walks next to Rona, now holding Rona's hand. In sync, both of them bow to the guest in respect.

Surprise and curiosity surged through the crowd when Seokhoon picked up the mic from the stand. "Good evening everyone. Let me reintroduce myself again, I am Joo Seokhoon from Shimwoon Corporation. I am standing here with Miss Rona for an announcement."

Seokhoon looked over to Rona, who was with pleading eyes that wishes for this arranged marriage to be over. Rona nods, letting Seokhoon know. Seokhoon takes a deep breath,

"I am dating Miss Rona at this moment of time."

Yoonhee and Yoonchul's smiles disappeared while the crowd was cheering in happiness. Yoondo, who was listening the whole time stormed out of the hall in anger.

"I hope all of the guests in this hall give us all your blessings. Thank you for your time." Seokhoon ended the speech and led Rona off the stage.

Immediately after they walked down, some of the guests came and crowded the couple, celebrating them. Yoonhee came across the couple after a few minutes and whispered to Rona.

"Ask Seokhoon to come to our house after this party. We need to discuss things." Yoonhee smiled at the other guests and left. Seokhoon, who was looking at Rona became worried about her parents' reaction.

After they were clear from the celebrating crowd, they went to the rooftop to separate from the party. "Eomma wants us both at my house, she wants to discuss things." Rona informed.

Seokhoon nodded as he understands. "I don't feel great about this. I think something's going to happen soon." Rona said, pacing back and forth.

Seokhoon then grabs ahold of Rona and attempted to calm her down. "Hey," He said, "Don't worry, I will be next to you, okay? If anything happens, we fight through it together." Seokhoon ensured.

Rona nodded slowly and hugged the bigger figure. They then slowly went back to the hall to be there for the closing.

Rona and Eunbyeol served tea for both their parents and Seokhoon. "Rona, Eunbyeol. You two sit down right now. We have so many things to discuss." Yoonhee said, hurrying both her daughter.

"Seokhoon-ah, Rona-ah... I don't know either to congratulate both of you or to yell out of anger because you both have worsened the condition we are in right now." Yoonchul stated.

"What happened Eomma, Appa? " Rona asked, her voice shaking in fear and anger. She then looked at Seokhoon who was also puzzled.

"Rona-ah, get ready for marriage. Your wedding is set in two weeks. Clear off your schedule, cancel all of your concerts for this month." Yoonhee said and walked away from the dining table.

Rona's eyes went big. I fucked up, Seokhoon thought. "No, no, no...." Rona pleaded. Tears fell from her eyes as she bawled over her fate. Guilt ran over Seokhoon, making him look down in disappointment.

"I hope you know how foolish it was for you guys to announce your relationship in public. I hope you get back safely, Joo Seokhoon." Yoonchul then walked away from the dining table.

Eunbyeol tried to calm her sister down but instead, Rona sobbed even more. "Why is this happening to me? My concerts, my tour..." Rona cried.

"Rona-ah, it's okay-" "It's not okay, Seokhoon-ah! I worked my ass off to get here and a mere stupid CEO of a company decides to ramp over my passion. This is too much." Rona abruptly ran to her room and locked herself.

"I am so sorry, Seokhoon-ah. Rona isn't always like this..." Eunbyeol apologized. "No no, it's fine. I know she is overwhelmed. I'll visit you guys another time then, good night Eunbyeol." Seokhoon said and took his leave.

Flashback

"What is happening right now, Chairman Ha?" Yoondo questioned Yoonchul on the phone. "I am so sorry, Chairman Jung. I didn't know my daughter was dating-"

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT JOO SEOKHOON, I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THIS WHOLE RELATIONSHIP THEY CREATED! RONA IS MINE, DO YOU GET THAT?!" Yoondo shouted. Practiced breathing then was heard on the line.

"I am so sorry that I snapped. Anyway, you know what happens to John Bio if you don't make her marry me right?" Yoondo threatened. "Y-yes, Chairman Jung."

"The wedding's in two weeks. 3 months is too long for an impatient future husband like me. You can get the fitting and arrangement appointments from my secretary. Goodbye." Yoondo ended the call.

Yoonchul sighed and looked at Yoonhee in conflict. "We messed up, honey. Now Rona's never going to be happy." Yoonhee wept.

"It's okay, we'll just support her through it, okay? I know we can't do anything at all now, but I know things will be okay." Yoonchul comforted.

Flashback ended