- 14 -

The front door opened at 2 am at the Lee's. The action woke Seolah, who was a light sleeper. Rubbing her eyes, she went outside her room to see Seokhoon who had bloodshot eyes drinking whiskey straight from the glass bottle.

"OPPA, what do you think you're doing!? You're going to get drunk fast if you drink fast like this!" Seolah stopped her older brother, taking away the bottle from him. "Don't stop me! Give it back!" Seokhoon shouted, surprising Seolah.

All her life, her brother had never, even once shouted at her. Seolah could only look at him in disbelief. Seokhoon continued to drink hastily, tears kept dropping out from his red eyes.

All the shouting woke the whole house, and one by one kept coming out to see what was happening. Logan and Suryeon came last, seeing all their children staring at Seokhoon.

"Joo Seokhoon, what is wrong with you?" Suryeon questioned the man. Half whimpering, half sobbing, the man whispered out, "It didn't work." Seokhoon's whisper didn't trigger the family, as they didn't hear.

"We can't hear you, oppa. Speak louder!" Seokkyung told him. "THE FUCKING PLAN DIDN'T WORK! WE'RE FUCKED NOW!" Seokhoon shouted, surrendering to reality. Unable to contain his feelings, he bawled even louder.

"What do you mean it didn't work? Oppa... tell us more. Don't keep on crying, tell us more!" Hyein said, not able to understand. "Rona... she's getting married in two weeks. I lost her." Overwhelmed, Seolah dropped to the ground after hearing the truth.

The whole family kept their silence, trying to digest all the information. "How did you know?" Logan asked his stepson. "Rona's parents... they called me over and confronted me and Rona the truth." Seokhoon kept sobbing.

Messing with his hair, Logan thought hard. "Joo Seokhoon, go wash up and get some sleep. I know you're having a hard time right now but we must continue this tomorrow. Slap some sense into you and we'll talk to Yoonchul first thing tomorrow morning." Logan said, staring straight into his son's eyes.

Suryeon grouped her daughters and escorted them back to their bedrooms as Logan helped his stepson.

'I am so sorry, Rona-ah. I failed to protect you.'