13

valerie

--

a week has passed since mouse came over and i haven't done anything. i haven't even went to the shop which caused ash to send a few messages to which i ignored. yes it was stupid for me to ignore my only friends but i couldn't think straight the whole week which made me stay in bed and not do
anything. damien noticed and tried his best to help but knew i would only get better when i wanted to and felt like he shouldn't force anything on me. andrew did nothing which made me more upset but i soon realised that damien was here for me now and that was all i needed.

he would bring me breakfast in bed and help me with anything i asked. i started to see him as a brother and genuinely enjoy his company which was never really the case with andrew.

i finally decided to get up and fix myself by doing an hour long routine which consisted of having a hot shower and then doing my extra long skin care along with my make up just to feel a little more prettier after feeling and looking like shit for a whole week.

after i did everything i put on a nice but simple outfit and checked the time. it was 5:17pm. not too late and not too early which was perfect. i left my room to see damien sitting down on the couch watching mean girls on the tv. he heard my door open and turned his head to me. he looked proud to see me all better, i smiled and walked over to him. 'hi val, you look really nice.' he said turning back to the tv with a big smile on his face. i smiled back at him and sat down with him on the couch. 'i feel better too,' which made him smile even more.

'can i have a tenner so i can go to the shop?' i asked knowing he'll say yes to me. he always did. he nodded to me and grabbed a 20 dollar bill from his pocket and gave it to me. i smiled and got up to leave. 'bye damien,' i said while opening the front door and leaving.

i felt kind of nervous going to the shop. i haven't seen or talked to them in a week and i didn't want to tell them the truth. i could say that i was grounded?

i arrived at the shop and walked in slowly. i saw fezco look up at me and smile. 'kid, where have you been?' he said while closing his phone and coming from behind the counter. 'i got grounded,' i said looking down at my shoes. i felt bad lying to fezco but i didn't want to tell him the actual truth.

'yo bro who are you talking to?' i heard ash say whilst coming out the freezer to take a better look. he stopped dead in his tracks to find out it was me. 'val...?' he said walking slowly towards me. 'hi ash,' i said looking up at him disappointed in myself because i didn't even bother texting him. 'where were you?' he said quietly. 'i was grounded,' i said matching his tone. 'so you didn't text me?' he said raising his voice a little. ' i tried to but my phone was taken too, sorry ashtray,' i said feeling so bad. 'what did you do?' he continued. i hoped that he would stop asking questions but he didn't. 'well uh i had an argument with my brother which made him mad,' i said. he nodded and continued to look at me.

'we have a few hours before we leave, wanna play uno?' fez said stepping into mine and ashs conversation. i nodded and followed him to the back with ash. we all sat down and did the cards. 'wait where are you going?' i said to fezco remembering he said that he had to leave in a few hours. 'there's a party and i have to go since selling is huge at parties.' he replied. 'wanna come?' he asked me while placing a card down. i smiled and nodded.

i wasn't really dressed for a party but it was good enough for me.

--