rather him than everyone

"So Mona," Lisa began, popping a grape into her mouth

"So Mona," Lisa began, popping a grape into her mouth. "I heard you've got a boyfriend."

Ah, there it is. The question Mona was expecting all night. It would be bought up sooner or later and Mona had been preparing herself for it the whole time.

All the girls in the room who were talking in separate groups immediately directed their attention to Mona. Eyes stared at her with anticipation which grew with every passing second.

Mona had planned a girl's hangout tonight with some of her closest friends. It's been a while since all of the girls had spent time together, especially with everyone leading their own lives with jobs and passions.

Back then, when they all still attended school, it was easier to make plans with all of the girls. But now, things were different, and the girls were all busy and weren't available most of the time. Fortunately, Lisa, Jean, Lumine, Fischl, Barbara, and Amber had all been able to make it to this hangout. While Mona had invited more girls, not all of them were able to come.

"Ahah, yeah," Mona chuckled slightly, earning multiple gasps from all the girls who were now bombarding Mona with questions.

"How is he? Does he treat you well?" Lumine inquired. Mona saw she was physically jumping with eagerness.

"Well, he has-"

"I'm so glad for you Mona, are you happy to be in a relationship with him?" Barbara asked softly, wording it as sweetly as always.

"Thank you, Barbar-"

"Is he handsome?" Lisa chimed in, her tone teasing. "Hot or cute?"

"I guess he's both when he wants to be, but-"

"Wait, wait! What's his name?" Amber joined in, interrupting Mona from continuing her reply.

"One question at a time girls," Jean reminded the very curious ladies. "I'm sure Mona would love to answer all your questions but give her time." Mona gave Jean a thankful nod. Jean was always good at keeping the situation under control. Mona recalled the many times Jean had broken up heated arguments between Diluc and Kaeya, a very chaotic duo of brothers. And the one time when Jean had calmed down a very panicked room of people due to a reported missing snake.

"Jean's right, we don't want to overwhelm Mona with our consecutive questions." Barbara started, giving Mona an apologetic look.

"Right, sorry Mona." Amber nodded in agreement. "We just were taken by shock, and I guess the excitement took over-"

Then another voice spoke, a deeper, more masculine voice. Mona looked up, and so did all the girls at the sudden, unfamiliar voice. Upon her eyes fixing on the man, she gulped. It was her boyfriend himself.

"Mona, where is the..." He entered the room and looked up at the group of girls. "Oh, right you have your friends over."

"Wait. Don't tell me you're dating SCARAMOUCHE?!" Lumine almost shouted, her eyes widening.