now you see him

Notice: This fan fiction was made for the first day of ScaramonaWeek 2022!! The prompt being: Arranged Marriage. Enjoy! <33 (I'll try my best to keep up with the daily schedule for this week)

 Enjoy! <33 (I'll try my best to keep up with the daily schedule for this week)

Mona looked at her reflection in the restroom mirror.

Tilting her head, she analyzed her makeup and hair. She was in the ladies restroom to check up on her appearance, to make sure nothing looked astray. She had to look perfect for this occasion as Scaramouche's aunt, Yae Miko, was the host. Not only were all of the Raiden's attending, but also various important individuals. Mona had been told to be at her best as many of these people were sponsors.

Although Mona tried not to notice, she knew all eyes were on her, watching her every move, waiting for the moment she messed up. It was her second week of being the Raiden Kunikuzushi's wife, she couldn't screw this event up.

There was a lot of pressure on Mona's shoulders to successfully give a perfect image throughout the party, and so far she was doing fairly well. The mullethead should be thankful for her diligence.

So far they'd attended the event for roughly an hour or so. She had to put up with only two more hours, then she could relax and take these torturous heels off.

The Raiden family held high prestige, famed for their international business.

As Inazumans were known for not having many kids, the Raidens only had one male heir to the company, Raiden Kunikuzushi. Kunikuzushi to the public, Scaramouche to his friends, the Balladeer to his enemies, and Scara to Mona. When he came of age, Raiden Ei had declared she wanted him to settle down with a woman. Fangirls who were charmed by his public persona and good looks tried their best to get Ei's attention. But Raiden Ei turned a blind eye to them, claiming they weren't a worthy suitor. However, Mona's adoptive mother just so happened to have connections with Raiden Ei, therefore causing an arranged marriage between the two.

Mona realized her lipstick was fading and fished out her favorite brand of lipstick. Along with its great color, it smelled good too. Reminisce crept up on Mona as she applied the lipstick; reminiscing about the night of her grand wedding.

Mona had been devastated on that day. The old hag was already marrying her off when she had been so young, just barely in her 20s. Mona had dreaded the day for a long time actually, ever since the old hag had announced her marriage proposal. But Mona had always entertained a small hope that maybe, just maybe, the woman wouldn't go through with it. She wanted to stay at the home she knew so well alongside her adoptive mother, studying astrology to its greatest lengths. But then on the day of the wedding, as she sat in her large white wedding gown, embroidered with rhinestones and rich gems, with a long veil trailing feet beyond feet behind her, she sulked. She wanted to cry but feared for the makeup that had taken hours to put on. She didn't want to burden the makeup artists to redo the whole look.