Mistakes of the past

It's Ahri x Y/n one-shot

POV Ahri:

'I had the ticket to the high school reunion and I knew what I needed to do. There was a man I had to see. A man I hurt. A man whose heart I broke. Whatever happens, I need to see him because I need to tell him something important. And then, I'll have to see what happens next. Will it be good, or will it be really bad? I'll have to find out.'

Normal POV:

Ahri came to Y/n and tap him on the shoulder

Ahri: Um, excuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt you, but are you...?

Y/n: Hi, Ahri. How are you?

Ahri: Oh. You remember me? I'm so glad you do. *nervous* Heh. I was worried you wouldn't know me after so long.

Y/n: You look stunning!

Ahri: Well, you flatter me. Thank you.

Y/n: Ehm... You came alone?

Ahri: Yeah. I decided to come alone. See how everyone's doing, ya know? Heh heh.

Y/n: Would you like a drink?

Ahri: Sure, I'd like a drink. What do they have?

Y/n: Oh, just open bar. Maybe you'll find something to your licking.

Ahri: Open bar? Okay. Well, get me a light beer then. I want to be able to drive home.

Y/n: Here you go.

Ahri: Ahh. Dammit. Spilled some on the carpet. Jesus. So clumsy of me. Kind of indicative of my life.

*sigh*

Ahri: Anyway, let's raise our plastic cups to the possibilities of the future, wherever they may lead.

*sip from the can*

Ahri: Ah, that tastes good, actually.
So, um... can we go somewhere quiet where we can talk? *nervous*

Y/n: Of course.

Ahri: Okay. How about just outside the gym in the courtyard?

Y/n: I think it'll do.

Ahri: Great.

Outside:

Ahri: The sky is so beautiful tonight. I love the summer evenings here. Never too hot. Never too cold. Just right for nighttime fun. I miss these summers... I want to thank you.

Y/n: Ehm... Ok, you're welcome... But why?

Ahri: Why? For being okay to see me.
After what I did to you in high school, I wondered if you'd hate me forever.

Y/n: It was not for a long time...

Ahri: Well, a semester of hate is still too long. But I definitely deserved it. I treated you horribly.

Y/n: Y-you didn't... It's okay.

Ahri: No. I did. You, of all people, should know that. In fact, part of the reason I'm here is to...

Y/n: To...

Ahri: Well, it's to apologize for acting the way I did to you. You had a serious crush on me, and I blew you off like you were not worth my time. I am so sorry that I caused you pain. I should have never done that to you. I felt horrible back then, and I still feel bad about it now.

Y/n: Past is in the past.

Ahri: No. Please. Let me finish. I blew you off because I was scared.

Y/n: Scared?