𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝟕:𝟑𝟎 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐂𝐄𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆, dreading even having to hear the word 'school'.

"Fiona, honey? It's time to get up, you've got school." She heard her dad, Chris Argent, say from outside her door.

She groaned in response.

It had only been three weeks since she lost her older sister, Allison, and somehow her dad was so...okay about it. She was unlike her dad in that way, the only character trait she didn't take from him was the skill of bottling up her emotions.

She could bottle up feelings like anger or confusion but not usually sadness. But she had to. If she let it slip that she was even a little upset, a parade of questions would surround her and then the sad feeling would turn to anger. And that, she couldn't let happen.

So, she got up. She brushed her teeth. She washed her face, with tears first and then her bathroom sink, and she went downstairs. She walked into the kitchen in her pyjamas and sat down next to her father, who had already made her french toast.

"Thank you." She said quietly. It was one of the only phrases she had said that week. Chris smiled softly and then looked back down at his cereal.

"Are you sure you want to go to school?" He asked and Fiona smiled before nodding. Truth be told, she could not think of anything worse than going back to school, but if she didn't do it now, she never would.

"I'm sure. I need to be there for Scott." She said sleepily, finishing her toast quickly, "And Lydia, she's probably taking it hard, and Stiles was like Al- her brother. Oh, and Kira didn't know her for too long bu-"
Her father interrupted her, surprised that she's speaking more than two words.

"Don't forget about yourself." He said sweetly and she nodded slowly. She didn't know how he could do it. Be so calm. He's lost nearly everyone but her. How could he do it?

"I'm going to get dressed." She said shortly before running up the stairs. She got to the top of the stairs and a wave of sadness washed over her when she saw Allison's door. It was shut. Just as she left it. She smiled sadly before going past it and into her room.

She picked out some joggers and a matching jumper to go with it. She put her hair in french plaits and decided against wearing a full face of makeup. She just put on some highlighter, some lipgloss and eyebrow gel. She knew mascara was a bad idea.

Okay, Fiona. She thought to herself as she looked into her mirror. No crying, you're not some pathetic girl that cries at school. No crying, you don't want to draw attention to yourself. No crying, then there's no questions.

She left her bathroom and picked up her bag from her desk. She walked out of her room and looked at her sister's door again. She reached for the handle but then pulled away and shook her head.

She began to head back downstairs but then stopped suddenly and slowly turned around before running back upstairs. She pushed her sister's door open and peaked inside, frowning as she saw the picture of Lydia, Allison and her on the desk.

She was about to shut the door when she spotted Allison's ring on the bedside table. Fiona got it for her older sister on her twelfth birthday from the shop near their old house. Fiona sighed before walking into the room, picking up the ring and sliding it on her finger.

She ran down the stairs to see her dad already at the door. She slipped on her converse and ran out of the house, getting into her dads car.

The journey to school was quiet. It mostly consisted of Chris saying random comments about today's weather and Fiona humming back as she twisted Ali's ring on her finger. When she arrived at school she saw Lydia and Kira waiting for her at the bike racks.

"Call me if you need anything." Chris told her and she nodded, "I love you, Fifi." He added in a lowered voice.

"I love you too, Dad." She replied before getting out of the car and walking up to her two friends. Lydia immediately put her arm around the younger girl and rubbed her shoulder.

"Hey, Fifi." She spoke softly when calling Fiona her nickname. Most people called her by her real name or little Argent but the pack always called her Fifi.

Fiona had always seen the redhead as a big sister, now more then ever, given the fact that she was a year younger and her real sister was... gone.

They walked to Lydia locker with people giving Fiona weird looks as she wasn't as dressed up for school as she usually was. She had a reputation of always looking clean and fresh so this new side of her was worrying to a few people but no one said anything. Well, nearly no one.

"Hey...little Argent. I'm liking the new homeless look." Some guy in her year said and she immediately turn around to snap at him.

"Fifi, no, honey, no." Lydia said quickly, dragging her further down the corridor, still under her arm. They reached Lydia's locker when Kira finally spoke.

"I wish I could say something to him. I wish I could say something to all of them. But I don't know much space or how much time I'm supposed to give them. And I know I'm still just the new girl at school." Kira explained, to the two people that had lost a sister and a best friend of all people.

"Umm, Kira...you do realise that you sound li-" Lydia put her hand over Fiona's mouth to her saying something she'd regret as the redheads eyes followed a girl down the hallway.

"Not for long." Lydia spoke to Kira, signalling that Malia, the real new girl, had already arrived at the school. None of them knew much about her except for the fact that she was some kind of supernatural and that her and Stiles knew each other.

As she walked past, Malia smiled at both the girls whilst Kira looked around for Scott. Fiona lifted her hand to give the new girl a wave as Lydia smiled at her warmly.

The year will get better. It has to get better.