Was she implying his savings for surgery? No, that was impossible.

Placated for the moment, he leaned against the door, ruminating on his predicament. What a perfect bit of irony he was. It was the middle of the night, but instead of celebrating and drinking alcohol, he was bargaining away his paycheck like a gambler on his last legs. He doubted things could get any worse. The sniper had lost his chance at the inner circle, and he'd be fortunate just to avoid being cast out onto the street. Ren cursed himself for letting things get so out of hand.

He slid into the ground, covering his face with his hands. Then a solid hit to his spine sent him sprawling into the opposite wall.

It was Trixcia who barrelled into the hallway, lobbing the door open. "The pity party's over, Ren!"

"Trix, you just realigned my fucking spine. The wrong way."

"It's nothing you haven't done to my leg, bastard," she sneered.

"Touché." Ren peeked inside the room, where Lennox was bandaged up and resting against a wall, his hands tied up. "Now go do the other part of your job, while I sit over here and die of boredom."

"You're more than welcome to watch." Trixcia grinned. It was a grin that decidedly made Ren uncomfortable.

"Wait, what are you going to—" But she was already gone. He paced around the hallway, only waiting a few moments to turn the knob and discover Trixcia on top of Lennox, who was backed against a wall. The pair was close enough to snog. At least, until they both turned to gape at him.

The wince on Ren's face was unmistakable. He had forgotten that Trixcia was still single, but even so... Why did it bother him so much? And why was she with the florist? She didn't have any connection to him... Or did she? Why did he care who she tried to sleep with?

He shifted his gaze to Lennox, who seemed a little disappointed. Whether it was Trixcia or himself, Ren didn't know. Nor did he want to find out.

"Trix, Mitsan told you to interrogate him, not ram your hand up his shirt." Ren sighed. "Now get off him."

Trixcia muttered in hushed tones, accusing Ren of having seduced the florist.

It seemed like as good of a time as ever for the sniper to approach Mitsan, so he decided to bring the florist along. At the very least, it would make the situation easier to explain. And maybe, just maybe, Mitsan would go easy on him. However, when he walked over to Lennox, Ren was greeted with a glowering stare and accusatory words.

"Do you need something, Crimson?"

He wondered if he was always that rude. Then again... Ren had deceived and abducted him, so he couldn't fault the florist for his growing hatred of him. He despised himself too, sometimes.

"You seemed upset, that's all, Blueblood. Anyway, my leader wants to see you if you've..." Ren glanced at Trixcia. "Recovered."

Soon after the pair entered the meeting hollow, Ren's fate rested in Lennox's previously tied hands as Mitsan interrogated the florist. He found himself puzzled at the extensive knowledge his boss possessed.

He was shocked by Mitsan's level of knowledge. Ren knew they had access to a lot of information thanks to Parliament's power, but this was well beyond his expectations. He had to act fast, or the florist might end up dead. His family would be threatened, if not targeted, all because Ren had thrown a spanner in the delicate clockwork that made up last night's mission. They didn't deserve to pay for his shortcomings, even if they were Veritas.

"...Now answer the question. How did you do it?"

He had to do something now, or it would be too late. "I don't think he knows, Sir. The whole thing was very spur-of-the-moment, and—"