The New Secretary

Start from the beginning

Just then, his phone rang. Since, I was closer I picked it up to hand over to him. I saw the caller.

"It is Marcus", I said handing it over to him. As usual, he just hanged up.

"Why don't you just pick it up and tell him once and for all that you are not interested?" I asked him and turned to pack my designs.

"Who said I am not interested?" Aaron asked me.

"Well, I have never seen you pick up." I told him.

"You do know that I did talk to him two days ago, right?" he asked making me look at him.

"How would I possibly know?" I asked him with a frown.

"He didn't tell you?" he asked me.

"I told you I haven't talked to him in seven months", I shrugged as I walked towards the door.

"But.." Aaron stood there with a frown.

"Are you coming?" I asked holding the door for him.

"Yes, let's go" Aaron shook his head and walked out.

As we entered the elevator, everyone congratulated Aaron. Guess, the words spread already. I could see the happiness in his eyes. He really worked very hard on this expansion to Europe. I don't care, at this moment, if Aaron is a really bad husband. I don't care about the whole revenge shit. Aaron is my boss right now. Only my boss. And as an employee, I am really happy for him. I'd say he deserves the praise.

Soon, we reached our floor and everyone exited the elevator. All the other employees saw him and crowded near him to congratulate Aaron.

"Everyone, it is not just my success. It is everyone's success. So, congratulations to all of you too. Keep up the good work", Aaron told everyone.

Eventually, everyone went back to work. Aaron went to his office still smiling happily. I was still standing outside the cubicle area in a corner.

"Big win, huh? Have to give him the credit even if he is your enemy", Luke asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, big win. Speaking of credit, you know he actually gave the whole credit to me in front of the clients." I said with a smirk.

"No, seriously?" Luke said.

"Uh huh. Very serious. He said that I had worked really hard on it and I deserve it."

"That's...something. What did you say to him?" he asked.

I frowned and said, "Nothing. What should I say? His wish. I just changed the topic."

"Amy?" Luke stared at me open mouthed. "He gave the entire credit to you for something that was so important for him. That means that he really appreciates you and your work. You didn't say anything to him? Maybe a thanks?"

But, before I could reply, there was a loud noise. It was a sound of something crashing and it came from Aaron's office.

"I don't fucking care! I am not scared of you! You can go to hell! I am not your bloody servant to listen everything you say! Understood? You can do whatever you want. I do not give a damn about any of your empty threats! Just go burn in hell!" Aaron yelled at someone inside his office and then, we heard a loud thud sound making us all flinch. Probably, he threw his phone across the room.

Even though the door was shut, we could here everything. Aaron sounded really angry. Whoever was on the receiving end must have done something really bad to piss him off like this.

"Wow. What was that?" Luke whispered beside me, taking a deep breath.

Everyone was still in shock and was looking at the shut door of the office in fear.