Chapter 15 - A chapter forms a close

I've..I've got sad news.

Those who read my community post know what's been happening, why I've been updating less & all. (To summarize, essentially I CANNOT write on here, I'm incredibly burnt out-)

This news sadly includes Reunion, and leaves a high chance for it to be cancelled. I don't and can't keep this going..

SO IF THAT'S THE CASE, THIS BOOK'S GOING OUT WITH A BANG!!!

Pico/Nene POV (it's gonna switch a LOT)

Pico POV

Chew, chew, chew.

I felt the pretzels crunch between my teeth, trying my best ignore the silence from Nene's phone. She was starting to worry me..WHY was she taking so long to reply?! Just PICK UP THE PHONE, dipshit..

Hmph. Fine, I was worried about her. She'd never been the most..wanting to live person. Especially after she started speaking nonsense about 'visiting' somewhere. Strange..

Crunch!

I mean sure, she could've been busy. But how long did it take to text someone back?? Apparently forever if she jumped off the railing while she was gone.

I kinda wanted to jump off too. That sounded fun.

Darnell was awkwardly trying to make conversation, but nobody really wanted to listen. For good reason, he was just saying some bullshit — something about having only 5 years to live?

Yeah, right. Drop dead in front of me then I'll believe it.

The whole time thinking this, Keith was being helpful and trying to text Nene. She obviously wasn't picking up, but we needed her to respond.

For the bill, we had no money!
What? Why else would we be so worried?

Well, I also needed her semi-fashion sense, but I'd be fucking DEAD before I admitted that.

Nae 🔪

nene, where r u?
nae?
pick up ur phone 🥺

Nae, it's Pick now
*Pico, srry but PICK UP. Jesus..

(You have been blocked
from sending messages)

..HUH?! Did..did the fucking bitch just BLOCK ME???

You've gotta be kidding me, I just said they were supportive assholes a few chapters ago! Ugh, whatever, I'm not gonna bother looking for her anymore if she wants to throw a pissy fit. I got Keith..

Oh, and Darnell too. Honestly I forgot he was here.

"So, what now?" Keith seemed bummed..

"Don't care.." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. In my defense, I was annoyed.

"Dude's stressed—Keith, go 'relieve' him again." Darnell jabbed Keith's arm jokingly, to which Keith blushed from embarrassment.

"I-It doesn't have to be public knowledge—!" Keith hid his face, imagining people looking at him, despite how nobody even was.

"Just sayin'. If it worked the first time—"

"That's enough you two." I said in a tone that was harsher than I wanted. Truly, I just wanted everyone to be quiet while I figured out the situation..