Chapter XIII

More like a cute filler chapter;

Angel - in bold.

Elias - normal.

Enjoy <3

______________________________

The next few days went smoother than Angel thought they would.

Surprisingly, no fighting sounds were coming from her parents' bedroom, no one was setting screaming matches in the living room and Angel didn't have a reason to escape her home, at least for a few days. 

She was okay for now.

Elias was feeling better after going to his parents' graves and giving them a proper goodbye. The grief may not have left him completely and it may never leave at all, which was okay as well because, with a slight feeling of grief, he felt as if they were always with him and it made his heart get rid of some of the thorns, it surrounded itself after the accident.

He even resumed turning up for his job at the nearby café. This job and Angel were his only escape from his troubling thoughts and he really didn't want to lose any of them.

The café was the cosiest place you could find in this town. With plushy viridian couches set in the corners to read the books from the shelves, which were put right next to them; with the best hot, steaming coffee and delicious, miraculously always warm biscuits; and the cute waiter, it was the best place to relax and enjoy your day. Elias had the pleasure of working there, especially when his favourite person paid him visits, from time to time.

At the beginning of the next week, Elias was interrupted from going back to sleep by a shrill ring of his phone. No matter how sleepy he was, a smile still lit up his face upon seeing the caller id.

"Do you think I should start working?"

"Why do you never say good morning to me?" Elias asked, laughing in his husky morning voice.

"But to answer your question, if you want then yeah, extra cash wouldn't hurt."

"And, also it would be a good excuse to get out of the house, even just for the summer."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Ugh now I gotta go job hunting." Angel groaned out loud.

"I'm both excited but too lazy to actually get up from bed."

"Want me to come with you?" Elias asked in a hopeful voice.

"Yeah, but don't you have a shift at the cafe today?"

"Oh fuck, yes I do, thanks for reminding me I have to get out of my bed."

"Ha-ha get up, you lazy ass and get your cute butt to work before you get fired."

"Hey I went to sleep late last night okay." He said protectively.

Angel could perfectly imagine him having his hands up in surrender, with a little, teasing smile dancing on his lips.

"Okay, okay I believe you. But why so late?"

"I was sketching some stuff and didn't notice the time pass, so I fell asleep around four, I think."

"Aw you must be feeling so sleepy and lazy to go to work."

"Yeah soo tired, I just want to go back to the dreamland and stay there forever."

"What were ya sketching though?"

"Um nothing, just some stuff," he said through the phone with a slightly higher voice. He gave a little cough to get rid of the embarrassment.

"Okayy," Angel dragged out the word suspiciously, "I won't ask."

"But I'll ask what was the dream about that you want to go back to it so desperately?"

"Umm... well if you really want to know, we both were there but the time period was different. I think it was like the early 20th century and you were sending me off to war," he gave a little laugh.  "You actually wore such covered-up clothes and your hairstyle was far from the one you have now, I almost didn't recognize you," he said with a chuckle, still trying to remember every detail of the dream.

"I don't wear that much of revealing clothes, do I?" She suddenly asked self-consciously, for some reason doubting him and thinking he dreamed of her in covered clothes because her usual revealing style was not liked by him.

"Your style is perfect, gorgeous. It was just way different from your ordinary life and that's all. You know I love the way you dress and every time I see your new outfit, you take my breath away." He said trying to reassure her and make her see just how pretty she and her style were.

"I mean you did dream of us in a different century so, of course, it would've been different, silly me" she was laughing already trying to picture herself in that time and their clothes.

"And thank you for saying that, you make me love my style more every day, even if my dad hates the way I dress."

"Well, don't take this personally but your dad is a dick and doesn't know how to talk to you properly so we don't need either his opinion or approval of your clothes."

"Ha-ha, Fuck yeah we don't," Angel instantly was back to her cheery mood.

"What else did we do in your dream? Angel asked

"You..um..you actually kissed me goodbye," he said with a face full of red.

"Oh t-that's interesting," Angel was blushing like crazy.

"Yeah, well I don't really control my dreams" he tried to redeem himself and change the topic.

"I didn't mean interesting as a bad thing per se, I mean like...um I've had that kind of dream before too," she said hurriedly while slapping her forehead slightly at her foolishness.

"Oh"

"You've dre-dreamt about us kissing?" This time, Elias was a blushing mess.

"Maybe just once" she already dug her grave so might as well go till the end.

"And what did you think about it?" he held his breath, awaiting her answer.

"It wasn't real"-unfortunately, she whispered to herself-"so I can't really have an opinion on it," she was using a loophole now.

She may have whispered the word but Elias heard it perfectly and a huge smile grew on his face.

"Okay" he said with a chuckle.

"Okay" she added.

After a slight pause in their conversation, Elias asked her suddenly.

"But would you ever consider doing it in real life?"

Completely flustered and caught off guard Angel started splattering some nonsense

"I got to go wash my um my fish right, byeeee" and with that she hung up, her heart hammering against her ribcage. She was too flustered to give out the actual answer.

"You don't have fish, Angel" Elias exclaimed while laughing with a very content smile on his face, his heart beating violently at the thought of her wanting to actually kiss him. 

A/N

Awww I love them. 

Should I make them kiss soon or wait for the perfect moment?

Any thoughts?

Vote&Comment <3