Sweet cake

I chose a cheese and ham bread roll accompanied with a soda. Not a very appetising or a good combo at all but it was cheap, I didn't have that much money on me either.
   I held the wooden tray in my arms as I made my way back to our table.

-Aren't you going to get something?' I asked Alex as I sat down in the uncomfortable stool.

-No I'm not that hungry' He admitted as he observed the tray in-front of him, he rested his head in his left hand.

-You can have some if you'd like' I said as I reached over to open my soda.

-No it's fine, really!' Alex assured me and I let him, I did try to offer him some soda which he refused as well.
   I started with my bread roll, I was literally starving. Five in the afternoon and nothing in my stomach, either It was the butterflies in my stomach or the lack of food in me making me feel sick.

I bit into the bread and enjoyed the feeling of having something in my stomach, I looked up and saw Alex looking out the window. His eyes were on the heavy rain splattering onto the concrete outside.
   While he was observing the falling water, I got up to get an extra plate. When I got back he was still looking out, deep in his thoughts.
   I sat down and cut my bread roll in half, and put the half that I hadn't bitten into on the separate plate.
   I put the plate in front on him and he looked at me, then down to the table.
He smiled a warm smile at me and picked the bread up and took a bite. He seemed to be enjoying it.

I smiled to myself and bit down as well, and there we sat. We sat there enjoying ourselves while eating, for about five minutes.
   I took a sip from my soda and held the can in my hand, holding it out to him. He looked at me but slowly shook his head, smiling with gratefulness.
I understood and smiled back, putting the soda back on the table.

I swallowed the last bit and drank the last few drops of the soda that was left. Suddenly, without noticing, I'm zoning out and looking out the window.

The rain furiously hits the ground as if trying to break it apart, but it still calms me. The sound of the rain against the roof, and the drops spiralling down the window. Racing against each other, the drops make their way down to the bottom of the glass.
   It's the game that I used to play as a kid, that everyone played as a kid.
When you were on a road trip, without anything to do. You would always watch the drops race their way down on the car window.

The stool in front of me scratches the floor and drags me out of dream land.
I look at Alex in front of me, he has a plate in his hand.
I look down at the plate and see a strawberry cheesecake laid on it. It has a huge strawberry on top of it, incredibly shiny and pretty. It looks delicious.
As I'm observing the plate I notice two spoons beside the sweet cake, I meet Alex's eyes as I look up and he smiled at me.

-No, I don't have any money to give you.' I explain to him. He sits down and puts the plate in front of us.

-I didn't expect so, I paid for it. We share' Alex said as he pushed the plate further to me. I finally gave in and picked up a spoon, scooping up some cheesecake.
He looks at me and I put the spoon in my mouth, It really is as delicious as it seems.

-That is amazing' I say with my mouth full. He chuckles and also eats some.
In the end he lets me have the strawberry.

I bite down into the red berry and smile, it was delicious.
And Alex was so nice, I really want to go out with him again someday.

——————————————-
Authors Note
———————
HOLY SHIT THANK YOU FOR 50 READS, THIS IS SO AWESOME!
Also I wanna give a special thanks to the people on TikTok and my friends for checking this out.

My TikTok: @favourlteworstnlghtmare