Chapter 9

Percy's POV

It was now dinner time after Percy had made himself familiar with the newer demigods. When Percy asked the others on the whereabouts of Tia, they would just shake their heads and shrugged. According to Artemis, Percy had been unconscious for a while and if Tia hadn't shown herself around during that period of time, he has a good reason to be worried. Tia might be a bloodsucking immortal twelve year old kid, but Percy still cared about her.

While the Olympians that were assigned here had their dinner up on Olympus, Percy was here, sitting at the head table where Mr D used to sit along with Chiron. His friends who're still aren't used to the other campers were all crammed on the Zeus's table and they didn't seem to mind that one bit. In fact, their table was the merriest from all the others who looked way too quiet and nervous. Percy just rolled his eyes as he continued eating.

Percy had told them to give the best portion of their food to the gods in order to pay their respects. At first, they were reluctant but after a few kids being hanged over the fire, they agreed. Percy wanted to keep the tradition going and he wanted the demigods to believe in their Olympian parents again.

During dinner, the Stolls were trying to teach their new brother, Nick, on how to pick pocket someone even more efficiently without getting noticed, with Clarisse being the victim. As the three Stolls slowly snuck behind her, trying to reach into her pocket, Percy just smiled. As Nick was about to reach into her pocket, Clarisse turned around with a murderous glare.

"And what do you think you're doing?" Clarisse growled. The Stolls paled.

"Uh," Travis looked around the ground. Then, he picked up something that was a bit too far for Percy to see. "Oh, here Nick! This was the bug you lost."

"Oh yeah! I'm glad we found it." Connor said, picking up the trick.

"Thank you brothers for helping me find my bug." Nick said, while all three of them faked an innocent smile. The campers started to stir and chuckle slightly amongst themselves.

"Oh really?" Clarisse said. "Well then, will you tell me what kind of bug you have right there?"

The Stolls panicked. "It's, uh, you know what? Ask Nick. It's his bug after all." Travis said.

"Um, Connor was the one who caught it for me." Nick said.

"Oh, I didn't catch it. Travis bought it."

"What the-"

"They were trying to steal your wallet, Clarisse." Percy said out loud with an amused smile. Clarisse's glare hardened while the Stolls paled.

"You know what, it's getting late and we should probably get back to-"

"You're dead!"

"Run!"

The whole camp burst into laughter as they watched the daughter of Ares chased the Stolls around camp. Although aged, Clarisse was still quick on her feet and the same could be said for the Stolls. Percy chuckled at their behaviour and the whole camp seems to enjoy it as well.

"Demigods!" Percy announced. "After this, there will be a sing-a-long at the amphitheatre. Everyone is welcomed and whoever does not wish to attend, return to your cabin before curfew or the harpies will eat you." There were silent murmurs from the campers as dinner slowly moved on. After dinner, none of the other campers wanted to join the singing, which was fine by Percy. He was joined by the new demigods and Percy's old friends by the amphitheatre and although it was in a different situation than it used to be, Percy missed being with his friends while enjoying themselves. He'd missed them after eleven years of not seeing each other.