Chapter 7

Tia's POV

Year 1940, a year after the Second World War had started. Tia had been living as a vampire for almost a decade, she along with her father. Her mother had died after the townspeople had burned their house just because they were vampires. Tia and her family had meant no harm and they promised they wouldn't kill anyone, but they didn't trust them. As the townspeople burned down their house, her mother had died in the process. Now, she and her father had stayed somewhere in the U.S, trying to stay hidden as much as possible.

When the Second World War started, Tia's father had gone all the way to protect her. Hiring bodyguards, reinforcing the house and everything. Then, came the day that Tia dreaded.

Her father was going out to fight in the war for the sake of her safety. Even though vampires were immortal, but they could still be killed in battle, just like the hunters of Artemis. Tia knew this was for her sake, but she didn't want her father to die nor did she want him to leave her.

"But dad, I don't want you to go." Tia cried as she wiped her tears. Her father smiled sadly.

"I have to, my child." Her father knelt down and wiped her tear with his thumb. Tia sobbed and sniffed. "I don't want anything to happen to you, and I would do everything to keep you safe."

"But I want you next to me." Tia cried. She pulled her father into a hug, which her father returned. If Tia had known that was going to be the last time she was going to see her father, she wouldn't have let him go.

"How about a deal?" Tia's father said with a smile. "If you get stronger than you are right now, I'll promise I return for you." Her father offered.

"So, if I get stronger, you would come back for me?" Tia asked. "Promise?"

"I promise, my child." Her father smiled.

Tia woke up and shot straight up. She was breathing heavily, her forehead was beaded with sweat and her eyes were streaming with tears.

It was just a dream. A nightmare, to be exact. Since that moment on, Tia had trained herself to become stronger and stronger, so her father would return to her. There's not a single day she didn't wait or even anticipated for her father to return. It's been a long time since the war ended and there was still no sign of her father. Tia made a conclusion that she was still not strong enough, so her father still hasn't return yet. Tia had trained to become stronger, stronger than anyone else. As a vampire, it helps a lot.

It was already a week since Percy had went to Azurea. Percy had contacted her through an Iris message and told her that he wouldn't be back for five years. Since then, the demigod camp that Percy called Camp Half-Blood had gone to a complete hellhole. The campers were fighting each other everyday for power to be in control. The gods hadn't done anything about it, but Tia doubt that they were happy.

Tia had waked up in the middle of the night, which was fine by the way. She was staying in the Poseidon's cabin since Percy told her to. Tia got out of the cabin and went towards the forest to hunt some monsters for her thirst, because she was seriously thirsty. If this goes on, she might even kill a demigod here. Unfortunately, it wasn't that easy for Tia as a group of male demigods surrounded her.

"Well, well, look what we have here." A demigod said with a smug grin. Tia mentally rolled her eyes.

"A little girl, huh?" Another guy smirked. "What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

"Do you know its past curfew, little runt?" The first demigod said. "Well, I'll let it slide this time but first, we need to search you, just in case you're carrying something under those clothes."