Chapter 9: The scrap gege goes shopping

"Your highness! It's so nice to finally meet you!!" Shi Qingxuan awkwardly laughed as he patted down his messed up hair and straightened out his robes

"You didn't tell me you were coming." He Xuan glared at Hua Cheng.

Hua Cheng almost burst out laughing on the spot. He threw up his arms and apologetically smiled.

"My apologies for interrupting your...business."

Xie Lian was baffled.

"Hold on, what's going on? Why are you here with Black Water, Lord Wind Master?" Xie Lian exchanged confused glances between the two. He did feel extremely embarrassed at walking in on them both at an appropriate time, but he had many questions.

"He Xuan is Earth Master, only the three of us know this, well, four now, if we count you." Hua Cheng calmly explained.

"Hua Cheng!" He Xuan glared even harder at how willing Hua Cheng was to share such a secret.

"Relax, I trust gege. You know this." Hua Cheng quirked a brow at He Xuan.

He Xuan huffed and folded his arms, seeming to have no more complaints.

"It's a long story, your highness, I'll tell you sometime." Shi Qingxuan sighed and brought out his fan. He began to fan himself for a little while until he finally snapped it shut and stared at Xie Lian with a big smile on his face.

He skipped over to him and threw his arm over his shoulder.

"I've heard much about your highness! It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Xie Lian immediately found the Wind Master to be extremely endearing and kind. He was bright and full of energy, it was amazing that someone so popular as him would be willing to be so nice and kind to someone like himself, since he was famously known as the trash god after all.

Not many of the other Gods treated Xie Lian with the same energy and kindness...

"It's a pleasure to meet you too." Xie Lian sheepishly smiled.

"So what brings his highness and Hua Cheng to He-Xiong's turf?" Shi Qingxuan noticed that both ghosts were busy conversing with one another privately, so he opted to have his own conversation with Xie Lian.

"It's the mid autumn festival tomorrow, San- Hua Cheng brought me here to shop for new clothes." It felt almost foreign for Xie Lian to say Hua Cheng's name as he was very used to calling him San Lang. He didn't want anyone to make a big deal out of their relationship, so he refrained from calling him that in front of others.

"Oh my goodness...ARE YOU HIS DATE FOR THE FESTIVAL?!??!?" Shi Qingxuan got a bit too excited and ended up yelling that last part.

Xie Lian quickly threw his hands over Shi Qingxuan's mouth and politely shushed him.