Chapter 11: The Mid Autumn Festival - Drummed Flower Passing

"Gege, let me help you

"Gege, let me help you." Hua Cheng walked behind the ornate screen in his bed chambers. Xie Lian was naked from the waist up, and as soon as Hua Cheng joined him behind the screen, he shyly covered his torso with his arms.

Hua Cheng never let his eye linger on his body for too long, he was too respectful for that. If Xie Lian was slightly embarrassed or uncomfortable, he would not do anything to fuel that feeling further. If he was told to leave, then he would leave in an instant without hesitation, but it seemed that Xie Lian was content with him helping.

"There's a lot of layers." Xie Lian mumbled as he lifted up the heavy robes.

Hua Cheng made it look like light work with the way he dressed Xie Lian. With absolute care and delicacy, he fitted the robes to Xie Lian's frame perfectly. He brushed his fingers along the small silver butterflies that hung from the tassel on his waist. It sounded with a light jingle and Xie Lian giggled. His laughs were music to Hua Cheng's ears.

"These butterflies remind me of you." Xie Lian stared at that beautiful silver necklace that adorned Hua Cheng's chest.

Hua Cheng effortlessly summoned a silver wraith butterfly and watched as it softly landed on Xie Lian's nose.

Xie Lian laughed some more, but made sure to keep his body mostly still so that the butterfly wouldn't get too startled and fly away.

He raised his finger and gently prodded the butterfly, letting it sit on his index finger. Xie Lian kissed one of its wings and it started flapping like crazy.

Hua Cheng thought that Xie Lian looked spectacular, the robes that adorned his person were so beautiful. The silver wraith butterfly perched on his finger, fluttering its wings when Xie Lian blessed it with a chaste kiss. Heavens...Hua Cheng really wanted to be that butterfly, and he almost wanted to crush it out of jealousy.

Xie Lian looked up at the emperor and thought that his outfit also looked extremely beautiful on him. It was different to his usual red robes that he liked to wear, as these ones were more exquisite with intricate patterns and details in almost every inch of fabric from his robes. Mixes of blood red and wealthy gold colours lined his whole body-- it honestly screamed royalty.

"Shall we go?" Hua Cheng held out his hand for Xie Lian to take.

Xie Lian nodded and took his hand into his own in an instant, as holding hands had become a norm to the two Gods.

Night had dawned upon the heavens and the realms below. There were hundreds of golden and red lanterns strewn across the heavenly capital. Crowds of heavenly officials littered the Martial Deity Avenue as they all made their way to the banquet.

The banquet was set under the moon, in open air, surrounded by elegant fragrances. An air of propitiousness, clouds of prosperity, and blossoms flurried in the air like snow, giving way to both the space for entertainment and moon-watching. For moon-watching from the mortal realm, if one were to create a circle by touching one's thumb to the index finger, the moon could fit right in that frame. However, for moon-watching in the heavens, that moon would be bright and immaculate like a giant jaded screen that stood but a close distance away, as if with only a few steps it could be caught. It was truly an ethereal sight that could not be seen in the mortal realm.