Chapter 8: Black Water Demon Lair

"Gege, here

"Gege, here." He handed Xie Lian's white robe to him, it was neatly folded and pleasantly smelled like Hua Cheng.

Xie Lian immediately stripped the black robe off of his person and put on his usual white robes. Hua Cheng smiled at his action.

"Gege, can I keep this? I quite like it." Hua Cheng picked up the discarded black robe and waved it in the air a bit.

"Oh yeah, s-sure." Xie Lian stammered a little. He knew that Jun Wu had given him his robe and said he could keep it. He did feel a little weird about keeping his robes, so if Hua Cheng seemed to like it, then giving it to him would be quite alright.

Although, if Hua Cheng were to find out that the robes belonged to Jun Wu, Xie Lian would definitely spit blood and start to curse a god. He didn't know which god, but he would have to randomly pick and curse them over and over to calm himself down if Hua Cheng ever found out.

"Gege, it's the mid autumn festival tomorrow." Hua Cheng reminded.

Xie Lian clapped his hands together after remembering.

"That's right!" Xie Lian exclaimed. Although his excitement suddenly died down as soon as he took one look at his clothes. They were quite tattered and slightly dirty in a few places. It was to be expected after all, since he had worn the same clothes for a very long time without washing them. These past few days, he had been busy with many things and lost track of time, completely forgetting to even wash them. He suddenly felt really embarrassed at having to be dressed so plainly for the festival, since it was a big occasion and there would most likely be, if not all, many heavenly officials present.

Hua Cheng seemed to notice his shyness and looked him up and down, surveying his tattered robes.

"Shall we do a little shopping? My treat."

Xie Lian knew that Hua Cheng was quite possibly the richest man in all three realms, so he didn't doubt he hadn't the expenses to buy Xie Lian new clothes. But Hua Cheng had done a lot for him already, buying him things on top of that would add to the list, and Xie Lian was too humble to accept any more.

Hua Cheng, however, as his stubborn self is always like, wouldn't budge no matter how many times Xie Lian tried to decline his offer.

"I want to see gege in red." Hua Cheng smiled.

Xie Lian paused, his mouth wide open at his honest wishes. He did say before that red would supposedly suit him very well, so maybe he should trust his words.

"Alright..." Xie Lian eventually gave in.

"I know a place where we can go."

Xie Lian nodded and left his palace first, assuming Hua Cheng would quickly catch up to him.

Hua Cheng watched Xie Lian turn his back and leave first.

He immediately chucked the black robe into the open fireplace that was stationed in the room, watching it burn quickly and ferociously in the raging hot flames.