Chapter 3 Nestoria

/A/N/ This chapter is where things start to become different from the original series.

~*~

In Nestoria, many Ardoni are peacefully working. Over a hill, by a dock, two young Ardoni are fishing.

/A/N/ Don't worry, I haven't totally deleted Senn or Ria, they are just going to appear much later in the story (and I mean much much later)

Another Ardoni riding a horse approaches the area. He rides up and stops on one of the low hills. He looks down at the two of them.

The boys continue to fish, not having noticed the other Ardoni's arrival.

Suddenly, they turn around and see the familiar face.

"Master Aegus!' the boys say surprised to see the Nestoris master in front of them.

"Fishing out here again, Achillean? And I see Ingressuss is with you" Aegus said with a smile.

"Yes... We have been out here all morning and none of the fish have bitten yet..." Achillean looks at his feet.

Aegus thinks for a moment, "Maybe very soon something will bite" just as Aegus said that Ingressuss starts to tug at his line and Achillean looked over happily,"You gotta bite Ingressuss quickly like I showed you pull! " Achillean shouts helping Ingressuss pull the fish in

"Well done both of you!" Aegus said as the boys hold the giant fish

Ingressuss looked down, quite happy with himself, "Yeah...my first fish!" Ingressuss said as he sat the fish down

"Well, I suspect Rico would not want you to have, what I'm about to give you"

Achillean and Ingressuss's faces brightens. " What did you bring is" Achillean asked

Aegus pulls out two Agressium Songs.

"Songs? For us?" Achillean and takes it excitedly along with Ingressuss.

"In the old days it was common for Ardoni of your age to wield Songs. It is our unique ability to harness their power. To deny their usage is to deny the one thing that makes us Ardoni" Aegus explained

Achillean takes a closer look at his Song. It lets out muffled humming.

"First I have some important business to take care of. Now remember, you cannot let Rico know about..."

"Master Aegus? Is that you?' a voice cuts Aegus off.

Aegus turns around. "Oh, Rico!" he stammers," Apologies for arriving uninvited..."

Both boys quickly hides their Songs.

Rico Nestoris walks up to them, "Master Aegus, you are always welcome here at our home"

Rico turns to both boys, "Now you two! What do you think your doing?' He eyes the giant fish and yet the rest of the bucket is empty. "I told you, you have too many responsibilities to go gallivanting off, seeking danger Achillean!"

Achillean rolls his eyes. "I know, because I'm the last known Hybrid in our family. You've told me that before" Achillean said as he flicked his tail in the dirt behind him

"I wish you would respect my wishes, Achillean..."

"Alright, Rico!"?Aegus stops Rico, "I think he has heard enough for today. I have matters of great urgency to discuss with you"

Rico turns to Aegus. "Then best we head inside"

He turns back to Achillean and Ingressuss, "And you two, go back to your rooms until I summon you.'

Aegus follows Rico and they walk off. Achillean groans, but obeys his father and heads back to his room but not before giving Ingressuss and smile and thumbs up for catching the fish.

~*~

At midnight, Achillean sneaks out of his room and heads to the Song Shrine in Nestoria.
He pulls out his Song and looks at it. It's music can be heard clearly in the peaceful night.

"Achillean what you are doing?" Ingressuss calls from behind, "um nothing wait why are you here" Achillean rises an eyebrow, "Nothing" Ingressuss said trying to hide his song behind his back before looked at Achillean, "I made you something" Ingressuss said before pulling out a diamond staff and hands it over, "wow this is incredible. But... You should have it back Father would be mad if he saw me with this" Achillean said trying to give Ingressuss the staff back, but Ingressuss pushed it back to Achilean, "it's yours Achillean. Keep it" Ingressuss said, "but father is right. I'm the last known Hybrid in my family. And your Voltaris. We won't be going in crazy adventures like the ones Master Aegus tells us" Achillean said with a frown, "I'm sure some day we will" Ingressuss said as he places a hand on Achillean's shoulder. They walk back to their rooms Ingressuss noticed Aegus talking with Rico and decided it listened in.

~*~

Aegus and Rico are talking in one of the rooms, which are caves within large hills. Plant life grows all around the room.

"They were the Deamos, at least seven of them from what Queen Abbigail has told me. I have reported this to the other masters but they refuse to take action," Aegus tells Rico

"And why would they listen?' Rico shakes his head, "The Drmaos have been gone for the past hundred years. Without evidence, your words can only fall on deaf ears."

"I understand, which is why I'm not here to raise an army" he sighs, "If I cannot convince you, all I can do is prepare."

Suddenly, they hear sounds from outside.
"I think we have a listener..." Aegus
murmurs. And a Ingressuss trys to leave Aegus pops up behind him smirking

"Ingressuss this is second time this week you have disobeyed me" Rioc tells him.

"What did you hear" Ric asked, "Nothing I swear" Ingressuss said

"Perhaps a more stricter punishment is in order" Rico said, "Now Rico how about I take Ingressuss with me and disaplen him myself" Aegus said as he winked at Ingressuss who smirked, "fine. But I expect more responsibility from you" Rico said before reentering his house.

"I'm really going to travel with you? How far are we going? What should I bring? Do I need a sword? Aw man Achillean would have love to come along" Ingressuss thinking about Achillean, "perhaps another time" Aegus said," now get some rest we have a long journey ahead"

~*~

A bit later, Ingressuss and Aegus are ready to leave.

"Thanks, Rico, for letting me leave"

Rico looks away, "Yes, yes, now go before I change my mind"

Aegus smiles as he mounts Klaus. He helps Ingressuss up and he looked at Achillean who just smiled and waved goodbye.

Ingressuss looks back at his father, who smiles at him, "Come on, Klaus, we ride South
all haste" Aegus tells his horse.
Klaus neighs, and they set off on their journey.