She's saying that as if we're dating already.

I mean, we aren't. This is just a simple date. Right?

Mom glances down at her Apple watch. "What time did he say he'll pick you up?"

"6?" I question.

I release my final piece of curled hair, and mom hands me the hair spray.

Thank god I did my makeup earlier. Not like I did much either, but less stress now.

"Well, it's 5:45 right now, and I bet he might show up earlier."

Well, that was a fast 15 minutes.

"Looks like I timed it perfectly." I add before spraying my hair with one last dose of hair spray.

"I'll leave you too it."

Mom walks out of my bathroom, and I head into my room, slipping on the dress before putting on my white Converse.

I peak at myself in my mirror one last time, fixing up any loose pieces of hair, spraying some perfume, and putting in some gold butterfly hoops.

Wow. I look like the standard coming-of-age girl in every stereotypical movie or book.

Whatever.

I run down the stairs, seeing mom, holding my jean jacket in her hands, and dad chatting with her.

Right when I reach the last step, their conversation pauses, and mom smiles at me.

She walks over to me, giving me a kiss on my cheek as she gives me a side hug. "You look wonderful dear."

"Who are you going out with again?" Dad asks me, eyeing me up and down.

Mom helps me shrug on my jean jacket as I roll my eyes at my father. "Parker Riverport. The guy I mentioned at least four times already."

Once the jean jacket is on, mom steps back, standing next to my dad, observing me.

"I thought she was going out with Jace." Dad whispers to my mom as if I wasn't two feet away from them.

"No hunny." Mom ignores his secretive tone, blatantly using her normal voice. "She's going out with Parker. He's a defenseman on Jace's hockey team."

At this point, dad gives up and just nods along.

The door bell rings, and I freeze.

He's here.

He's actually here.

What the fuck do I do?

I give mom the 'help' look, and she just shrugs.

"I'll get it, since she's freaking out." Dad says, pointing to me. He walks over to my mother, nudging her towards me. "Go help her calm down. I'll deal with the boy first."

My dad musters up the most intimidating stare and voice he can causing my mom to slap him in the bicep.

"Stephen, stop trying to scare the poor boy. We all know you wouldn't hurt a damn fly if you could."

Mom grabs my hand, leading me into the little hallway between our entrance and living room. A little mirror is hung on the wall, and I stare at my reflection as mom fixes my hair.

I hear the door open as my dad greets Parker and lets him inside.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Walker." Parker greets. The noise of plastic crinkling is heard along with a silent pause. "Parker Riverport."

A clap is heard, and I assume they're shaking hands.

"Pleasure is all mine."

Dad doesn't sound pissed.