[2.4.16]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘝𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 '𝘍𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴' 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘰𝘯 '𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘍𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴' 𝘉𝘢𝘭𝘭

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘝𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 '𝘍𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴' 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘰𝘯 '𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘍𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴' 𝘉𝘢𝘭𝘭

______________________

Lady Whistledown's
SOCIETY PAPERS

If the Ancient Greeks were members of the Ton, they might have added to their Olympic pentathlon one additional event.

The hosting of a country visit.

This, of course, is the week of Lady Bridgerton's annual Hearts and Flowers Ball, the year's most coveted invitation in the country, and no event better designed to show the might and mettle of its host.

______________________

"Are you sure that there is nothing that I can do, Lady Bridgerton?" I ask, watching as Daphne, Lady Bridgerton, and Mrs Colson all rush about the house.

"I assure you Florence, we are more than prepared for the ball... if you could, though, would you go and see what seems to be making all of the guests late... if that is even possible, seeing as no one is here on time," Lady Bridgerton says, letting out a little huff as she looks around.

I bite back my chuckle and nod my head before starting out of the room.

"Oh, and could you try and wrangle up all of my children please!" Lady Bridgerton calls, "they seem to have disappeared somewhere in the house."

I don't bother to try and hold back my laughter, nodding my head at her as I start out of the room. "Of course, Lady Bridgerton."

______________________

"Cressida! How lovely to see you! And your gown, it is magnificent!" I say, looking down at her bright pink gown. "Is it from Madame Delacroix?"

"Oh, no..." Cressida says, looking down at the gown with a smile. "Mama and I visited the new modiste- the one that has just arrived from Vienna. Her gown designs are simply magnificent!"

"They certainly seem to be!" I chuckle.

"Oh! Florence! Join me?" Lady Bridgerton asks, stepping over towards me and offering me a hopeful smile. "I am hoping to introduce Eloise and Penelope to a few of the young ladies and if you were to join me they may be more... open to the idea if they see that it is not just me talking to them... so it is not as... imposing?"