chap 9

"Kennova, I am not yet finished" He calls to me before I am able to stand up from my seat.

He reaches beside his chair. Out of nowhere he places a large cage infront of him. Opening it, he reaches inside and nicely grabs out a creature from it.

"What the hell is that" a voice buzzes from my earpiece, I stifled a quick laughter..

Putin rises from his seat, softly carrying a medium sized mammal, carefully snoozing on his palms.

"A raccoon?" I gasped, placing the balalaika on a coffee table beside me..
"In some way" he whispers, not giving the raccoon to me yet.

"This is a blonde raccoon that the Russian animal shelter rescued from the last two years" he smiled, petting the raccoon's head.

It's colour almost white, almost albino, it's fur a shade platinum blonde fur. "This is some kind of rare creature, am i right?" I breathed, patiently observing it. The raccoon's fur resembles the colour of Mister Putin's hair.

He gently places the snoozing raccoon on my open arms. His careful palms slightly grazing mine.

"Does he have a name?" I asked from my seat, almost a whisper. Making sure I won't wake it up.

"Yes, He does. His name is Moby Dick" He excitingly answers.

"Moby Dick?" I asked.. my cheek and his, half a meter away from each other, staring at the raccoon. He crouches beside my chair.

"You-you can call him Moby. Moby only." He corrected, brows furrowed, eyes squinting.

"I trust you take care of him well" he whispered, his eyes stern looking at mine.

"I will" I answered, also staring at his eyes. It's close enough that you can count the light specks of his irises.

He lets out a quiet hum as he immediately goes back to his seat. Clearing his throat, scratching the back of his neck as if he regrets what he did.

"Miss Kennova, I-"

*Gun Fire*
*Gun Fire*

"Good God" I gasped as Vladimir Putin hurriedly launches to my direction covering my head together with his.

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking at his arms from any signs of wound.

He doesn't seem to hear me as he commands something to the security that appears to be barricading us both from the attack.

"быстро, убедитесь, что она добралась до безопасного убежища!!!!!!" (quickly, make sure she gets to safety!)

The security lunges and quickly grabs my shoulder leading me to a corner, to the other side of the hall. Without any hesitation, I instantly followed their orders.

"BETRAYER"

A loud hoarse shout echoed the chaos within the halls. A middle adult screams directly from the main entrances that we once entered to. He was in his early middle age, almost in his 40s.

"BETRAYER, YOU PLAYED US. WHERE DID OUR MONEY WENT RIGHT AFTER WE ARRANGED BY THE NUMBERS!!" The man screamed, gun point aiming at Putin's direction.

The number of securities went running towards the man's direction.

"GUESS OUR PERCENTAGE WENT STRAIGHT TO HER DAMN FUCKING GUITAR!!" He Screamed, It was very loud that my earpiece went ringing from feedback noise.

"Take Him Away!" One of the guards of honor shouted back, the crowd shouted in agreement.

"TELL YOUR FUCKING WOMAN THAT SHE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN PRESIDENT IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU!" He Screamed in response as he struggles to free away from the grip of the security.

From those few words that the man screamed, I pushed away the security that encircles me and Went back up from the stage beside Putin.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAID?" I exclaimed back in reply, pointing at the struggling man's direction.

"Kennova, Don't pay a heed with what he said" Putin sighs, reaching towards his right pocket. As if he's drawing out a weapon.

"IS NO ONE GONNA TELL THIS WOMAN OR SHOULD I?" He laughed, his laughter a rage, face contorted with clear hostile intentions.

"Go on, Tell me!" I replied signalling the guards. They placed him down to the ground, with his hands cuffed behind his back.

"That son of a bastard promised to pay us thousands- if only we arrange a hundred thousand illegitimate votes to your name."