chap 6

"May I have the report?" I asked, stern looking on my office chair.

"We have secured the votes, atleast 15 regions out of 18. 13 regions are in your favour. We have a 70% chance of winning the elections " She, my assistant scrolls through her tablet showing me some digital documents and proof.

The crew has been enthusiastic towards me- AND my hope is on the line.

Honestly, I will not expect as much. I am running independently, I am running without a party. Rumour has it that a candidate will NEVER win unless you have a party, Each and every 18 presidents of Muganza has proven this superstition to be always right " I sighed running my hand to a sweaty forehead, scrambling through a pile of papers.

"Tell me you don't really believe that." My assistant replied.

"This is hell!" I grunted, covering my face.

"There'll be two hours left and I will tell you the results. ONLY if every region gets to publish every single ballot. Closing to its final verdict", "So- Will you be joining us at the hall?" She asks, holding the door knob.

"No, I'm good. I'll just stay here, in the office alone" I sighed, waving her goodbye.

She nods and remarks "I'll be back after two hours" Then the door knob goes to a quiet click.

______

"Why did I even run for president, I can't believe that I BELIEVED what he told me" I spoke, pouring myself a glass of whiskey.

"Run, Run For President Miss Kennova", "Foolish, DAMN YOU and your-" "sharp.. titanic blue avalanche eyes of some damn sort"

_____

It's been almost a year since I went to Russia, since I felt the cold russian winter, since he told me to run again for president and the thought that I indeed believed him, only three words and I immediately agreed.

I spent a year compaigning the whole country to be in my favor, I had flexxed every single part of me to show them how I'm capable of being president.
It's either we win or we lose. Never in between

____

*Knock Knock*

My assistant comes in with an extreme solemn expression.

"I lost, I know" I sighed watching my assistant, her face sincerely sympathetic

"This is my third bottle, I hope I don't die" I laughed bitterly pointing towards the whiskies on my table.

"How did you know?" She asked, "Of course I would now, I was flooded by messages on Instagram", "Oh look!", I laughed showing her my phone.

"I just got a message telling me 'Fuck Off, Loser." My assistant didn't bother on saying something, she only watched me going through every stages of grief...

....

"Mind If I take a look at the number of votes?" I sighed in LITERAL DEFEAT

she nodded, leading me to the palace's event hall, where our huge television rests.

"SIS, TAKE A LOOK!!" One of the securities shouted grabbing us both by the arms. "Tell me I'm not dreaming!!!"

"The whole room went screaming and flying, My lawyers, My security, my crew and my gay guard shaking my soul up.

"Wait, What Now?" I screamed, hopping, "What Happened?" Looking at Kiva who's jaw dropped.

"There was a last minute count, you won by over EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND VOTES against the other candidate."

"That's impossible!" I mumbled

"Good God, Sweet Maui Onions!!!" Kiva who's just processed what's happening, now jumping together with the crew.

"I told you, you just made miracles POSSIBLE!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"The youngest president of the planet." I whispered to myself. "And turns out he is right."

*RING RING*

The hall was silenced by a loud telephone ring.

One of the securities ran towards the telephone, answering the call. "Office of The President Speaking, How Can I help You?"

-Silence-

The silent hall; now buzzing, their eyes immediately darts towards me like a bee-line. I can't seem to process what happened until my personal assistant gave me a quick malicious wink.

"It's Mister Vladimir Putin."