chap 2

"I told you that choosing this wardrobe is the best decision, black coat and turtleneck."

"Nah- it's probably just the snow and the lighting."

_______15 minutes forward______

The grand halls of Russia awaits me. me and my crew steps off the limousine. The pavements are covered by a layer of thick snow.

The snow crunches from our boots, sounds delightful. Asmr 🙄
The palace is a beauty, an Italianate Complex and very much appealing in real life.

What do they call the palace..
Дворец Путина, Dvorets Putina.

Ah- it's Putin's Palace... Makes sense

We were walking forward to a large white staircase, an entry to the palace. A band of russian armies plays a quite festive parade music, because I'm here. Happy and healthy... Duh.

The crowds go buzzing staring at my direction as I smile for the cameras from every angle.

Nodding my head from side to side, waving the people hello with a gloved hand. Plus the camera men and company goes wild!!

"The Canadian Prime Minister is on your way" Kavi alerts me through the earpiece.

"Miss Kenova, I am glad to see you're early too!"

A tall guy with brown locks prances his way towards me.

"Mister Trudeau, I cannot risk to be late on such a- awesome event." I grinned, shaking his hand tightly..

"We are hoping to see more from the people of Asia on every presidential summits, you know" he beamed, pushing me. Guiding me the way to another hall.

The hall is obviously more huge than the first one, the event must take place here. The scent of food, pastry and citrus is taking over the air inside. Justin T. Is making my nervousness eased down by a 60% percent... Canadians, y'know.

"I was hoping, I'll become president again for another 4-5 more years in my country." I stated, he nods fully agreeing to what I said. "Then I'll be able to see more of Canada and Russia."

"Of course you will, fingers crossed..." He grabs two glasses of guava juice on a wine glass" "Cheers" he toasted, clinking our glass together.

Guava juice, nice! He would have known they serve guavas on formal events. Who decided to do so?

Us, the presidents are seated around the pile of chairs. The chairs are half full yet still half empty. Not long after the Prime Minister of Japan arrives and seats near us, drinking Atleast 4 refills of his champagne glass.

When he decided to speak to us both, Trudeau and me, we talked about Pacific oceans, coastal roads, candidacy spans up to when the hell are the other presidents coming?.

The prime minister of Netherlands joins the conversation as well.

I excused myself from Japan and Netherlands and asked Justin T. "Where's the bathroom though?" He points the direction behind the left wall and take a right turn, it gets farther the more you watch it.

Thanking him for being helpful, he shrugs it off and says "anytime" he shrugs, laughing. -quite a charmer.

...

I took my time to finally prep myself, retouching my hair and makeup. And having myself a lovely session of finally getting to pee from all that guava juice we took. Duh

Almost 18 minutes of self care, I finally swiveled the heavy doors open. As the doors open, A loud surrounding voice echoes the restroom. The event has FREAKING finally commenced. I slammed the door closed as I balanced my footwork, hopping all the way from the restrooms to the event hall. IT'S a 2 and a half kilometers away.

Due to the fact that it's a palace. The broadcasting crews are everywhere, I ran scratching my head in total frustration. My hand touching the walls, avoiding myself from tripping.

"It is with our deepest desire towards attaining a welcoming arrival tonight."..

The opening speech has ended. A tall pale figure stood infront. Platinum hair slicked to the side.

The speech has been delivered by the one and only Vladimir Putin...

Recollecting myself from the epic kilometre sprint. I tugged the neckline od my turtleneck, hiding the earpiece away from view. "Damn" I hushed myself, leaning on the wall.

Tilting my head up to see Vladimir's strong gaze set upon me.... He blinked walking his way towards his seat, finally breaking away eye contact.

"Damn- Damn- Damn" I muttered, now it looks like I'm late.