𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘻𝘦𝘳𝘰... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

Start from the beginning

kingdom of atlantica, denmark, 15 years later...

ALEXA HAD BEEN STARING LONG AND HARD at a piece of paper in her hands which had a list of reasons to why she and her older sister ariel should be allowed to leave the kingdom of atlantica to explore the human world.

for years, the two girls would constantly beg their father for them to leave the kingdom and learn to live a life of their own but their father was insistent on the two staying in the kingdom for their safety. this time, it'd be different as the girls have decided to continually argue with their father and stand their ground until their wish had finally come true.

alexa was snapped out of her thoughts when ariel (her older sister) entered her room. she asked gently, "it's time to ask father, are you ready?"

alexa folded the piece of paper in half and stared at her sister before she answered honestly, "not at all.  it's just that we have asked many times before and father always gives us the same answer. what makes you think he would change his mind this time?"

ariel placed her hands on alexa's shoulders and assured, "we can do this lex, we can't just give this up, this has been our dream since we were five years old?"

she was right. the two girls always wondered what the world was like outside of the kingdom of atlantica. they wanted to see new sights, live with the humans and experience what it means to be human.

the nerves from alexa's body had been washed away at ariel's words and she answered confidently, "you're right. we can't give up. if we don't try again, we'll never know if we succeed."

ariel smiled brightly at her younger sister's change of attitude and embraced her in a hug. she muttered, "exactly. let's go see father."

the two pulled out of the hug and swam in the direction of the throne room where their father would be. they entered the throne room where their father was sat in his throne with his triton in his grasp talking to a servant. as the servant swam away, alexa and ariel make eye contact before giving each other a nod before they swam up to their father. 

after he finished talking to the servant, triton looked over and noticed his two daughters swimming over in his direction. he greeted the two girls happily, "alexa, ariel! my beautiful daughters, what can i do for you?" he pulled them both into a hug.

the two girls shared a look, knowing that its time for them to address the situation. ariel began to nervously fiddle her fingers, "well.. me and lex are wondering.. if—" she trailed off anxiously.

noticing that her older sister wasn't going to ask their father, alexa finished, "we could go explore the world and live a human life?" she clasped her hands behind her back as she waited expectedly for an answer from her dad.

it was like as if the room began to blacken and king triton's happy mood began to fade as an angry scowl had replaced his smile. he raised his voice, "no. absolutely not. neither of you are leaving the kingdom. the humans killed your mother, i don't want my daughters suffering the same fate."

"not all humans are bad, father. they're not barbarians." ariel argued, wanting to get her point across to her father

king triton's jaw clenched in anger, "all humans are dangerous." he stated firmly.