Hot day

Trinity's POV

A couple weeks past from the run my and Carl had, and I'm pretty sure Rick won't let us back out there unsupervised because of the chocolate incident. Everyone has been pretty happy in the prison these days no one has died in a while, and to be honest that is pretty surprising.

Me and Mags has fence duty today, and let me tell you it is hot out here. Even though I have a tank top on and some shorts I'm still sweating like a sinner in church.

"Y'all this heat is awful" Maggie started complaining once she saw Glenn heading our way.

"Girl you have more clothes on than I do right now I don't know how your even out here right now" I laughed at her and she gave me the side eye.

"You should totally see Rick checking you out right now" she laughed and nodded her head towards the garden. I turn my head in that direction and see Rick giving me this dark look, I don't know if I'm just crazy or not but he looked like an animal looking at its prey.

"He's been watching you for a little while now Trinity, don't know how you didn't even see it" Glenn finally piped up in our conversation. He goes over to Maggie and kisses her on the lips.

"Awwww y'all are so cute" I said making them blush. I went back to work killing the walkers in the fence when something catches my eye a little ways from the walkers. I take a closer look and gasp. I started running to the gate.

"OPEN THE GATE" I yelled and Carol gave me a look but did as I said. I went through the narrow opening she allowed the gate to have, and took my axes out of their halters. I fought my way to the person I saw while listening to Rick and the others calling my name. I grabbed the person and wrapped their arm around my shoulder to help them walk.

"Come on we aren't far from the gate" I said and they nodded their head. As we fought through the walkers the members behind the fence shot down the extra walkers coming our way. As soon as we get in the fence we both drop to the ground from the heat and being exhausted from what just happened.

"What were you thinking!!!" Rick ran over to me with anger written on his face. "You could've died" he picked me up from the ground and hugged me.

"I had to save her" I said, and he looked at me then at her. "She saved us and I saved her". Everyone just looks at the unconscious woman on the ground.

It was the black woman who saved us from the governor.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hope you enjoy this chapter love y'all💜💜