Chapter 65 - Playboy

Start from the beginning

Even under all the winter clothing, I could see Nazuna turn bright pink at my comments.

"Oh!" she gasped involuntarily. "I-I-I see..... thanks, I guess?"

"No problem."

It was my turn to tease her this time.

"Hey, senpai~~ maybe you shouldn't ask such questions to me if you can't handle the answer. You're red as a rose."

Nazuna punched me on my arm. "M-m-meanie! I can ask you whatever I like, thank you!"

"Senpai?"

"W-what?"

"You cut your hair, didn't you?"

Nazuna widened her eyes, and twiddled her fingers nervously in front of her. "You..... y-you noticed?"

"I did. It's a bit hard to figure out, but I've seen you enough to notice it. It looks really pretty. Stunning, if I may."

I wasn't lying when I said that. Nazuna-senpai was a different kind of pretty, much more different than Chiaki, who gave off a sweet and mature air, or Sakayanagi in Class A, with her cute and ethereal doll-like stature.

She had a very beautiful face, with her chocolate-brown hair flowing down to her well-developed chest, a sight to behold. Her posture was straight and refined. If I had to rate her out of 10, it would be nothing less than a solid 8.

"T-t-thank you," she stuttered, awkwardly pushing a bit of her hair behind her ear. "Even Miyabi didn't notice..... but you did....."

"Quick question — are you and Nagumo-senpai dating?"

"NOO!" she screamed loudly, almost as though she was afraid someone might be thinking that. "I would never date Miyabi! He's just a friend. Plus, he's not boyfriend material. Not in the least. I personally know it."

"I feel like you completely demolished Nagumo's reputation. If only he could have heard this....."

I decided to continue the relentless teasing.

"Say, senpai. What's your ideal boy type?"

Nazuna was turning redder and redder by the second. "My b-b-boy type?"

"Yeah, your boy type," I repeated blandly. "Are you into quiet, shy guys? Or the bad boy, delinquent types? Or maybe the popular, good-at-everything types?"

"N-no, I haven't really given it much thought," she replied, still obviously flustered. "I mean, I did have those small crushes back in middle school, the cool senpais, the delinquent type, maybe....."

She pointed at my piercings. "Maybe those..... types....."

"So bad boys?"

"N-no, but there were the senpais who were good-at everything kinda ones..... everybody liked them."

"So, the good-at-everything type popular boy is your type? That's too cliché."

"N-no, it's not that. That's not my type," she shook her head left and right adorably. "I..... I d-don't know....."

"Is there no one you like in this school?"

For a second, she didn't seem to register the question. But when she did, Nazuna turned fifty shades of red, and stared at me with wide eyes.

"S-someone I like?"

"Yeah. There's gotta be someone in this school that you've fallen for, right?"

She pursed her lips, unable to come up with an answer. "I..... I think..... maybe, I might have fallen for someone....."