17- Terrible Things

Start from the beginning

                    “Damn! Everybody hooking up- my girl Syd and Dom, you got a girl, Mitchell…I need to get me a guy,” said Franchesca. Sydnee looked at her. “Stop it Fran…you are a player,”

                    “So…players need someone too,” said Franchesca. We laughed again. I looked at Billings, sitting with Karin Carmichael. “What’s goin on with Billings? Dude had me dead to rights today, and passed up an opportunity to get under my skin, like he usually does,”

                   “Thorsen got me and Dom’s statements, and based off that, they stripped Billings of his lead position,” said Sydnee. “Oh yeah…Thorsen also told me to tell you that while you are still on probationary discipline, he will grant you your weekend leave,”

                   “Wow,” I said. “Thorsen’s not a bad guy after all,”

                   “Thorsen just knows who is putting in work and paying their dues. If you are straight with him, then he is straight with you,” said Franchesca. “You have way more potential than Billings, Mitch…it’s just that Billings pulled a few strings and kissed some ass to get that position. And now that he has been stripped of it, he knows he has to make things right with his fellow Plebes again,”

                   “Well at least he’s got enough sense to keep Carmichael in his corner,” said Capers.

                   “Man I can’t wait until this year is over- that is gonna open up a whole weekend for us! No more of this Saturday & Sunday crap,” said Sydnee.

                    “YEAH!” we all cheered, toasting to the next year. Some of the others looked to us…I wasn’t even conscientious about my bruises anymore, as I smiled, taking a sip of my cranberry juice. I then looked to Sydnee. “You and Dom go out this past weekend?”

                     “Yeah,” she answered. “Dom took me to a real nice little Mexican restaurant…the food was good, and we had a live Mariachi band play a tune for us…it was sweet,”

                    “My man!” I laughed, patting Capers on his back. “I’m glad you two had a great time. Maybe down the road we can double date,”- at that thought, my smile lessened, as I thought about my situation…but I played it off, just to get through lunch, as well as the rest of my classes…

                     The end of the day.

                     I walked to my quarters, and sat down at my desk. The next day was Friday, and I was going on weekend break…but no one to go home to. Meridian was going to be spending the weekend most likely with Dupree, and I was going to be at home alone. I hadn’t spoken with Jassandra all week. I knew she was angry with me, and I knew she needed space and time to think about things. Mother had told me that the hearing had been pushed to Wednesday, and I hadn’t even gotten a call from her concerning that. I looked at her picture on my cell phone…her beautiful cheekbones, her wonderful smile, her alluring, coffee colored eyes. I missed kissing her soft, chocolate shoulders…I missed wrapping my arms around her smallish waist and her thunderous, stallion-like thighs, as she would sometimes sit in my lap. I missed the joy and affection that I used to receive from Jassandra Mills. I jumped, startled out of my thoughts, as my phone rang. “Hello?”

                    “Hey son,”

                    “Hey Dad,” I said.

                    “How are you feeling?”

                    “Okay…I guess,” I said.