1-Lose And Gain

set back: 1 day after s3 ep8
age:14

❀.                                         ❀.                                       ❀.

I'm Shay Morgan Brown, I have a normal life, filled with boy and girl drama. Especially girl drama as I'm friends with the popular group of my year. I'm never involved, I'm usually the one trying to fix it. I think people see me as the nice cool kid and I like that.

That means I hear everything.

I walk with my best friend Tina through the corridors of the basic school we are in the Cheer group so we practice here in summer, she's talking more then I can listen. To understand how I'm feeling right now we have to go back to last night.

..L A S T N I G H T..
It was normal routine I was in my bathroom brushing my teeth and looking closely at my face, I had then kept hearing the constantly annoying drip of the bath tap. I was overwhelmed with annoyance as me and Andrew had shared a kiss and it was very unexpected.

So I groaned for it to stop, many times as a kid you'd pretend to make something move with your mind.
It might of been a simple hand action or a straining of the eyes but it never actually happened, you didn't expect it to either.

This time though, I felt a sharp pain in my head as the water drip full and ready to fall stayed in place.

It wasn't a situation where you could blame it on anything else, the water droplet hovered there just about to let go from the metal rusted tap. I admired it for a minute until I realised what I had done, it's still messing with my mind.

Has been all day, luckily I haven't seen Andrew today so I didn't have to deal with that awkwardness too.

Anyway back to this "Tristan is a good guy this time don't worry," Tina says her voice trying to convince, Tina has had a list of shity boyfriends, me I don't even have a list just a messy sentence "whatever you say," I laugh throwing my hands up.

Tina is super popular, shes gorgeous, funny and kind. I've been her friend since preschool, it's good it's not your usual 'she left you for the popular kids' story, she actually took me with her.

Yep I'm part of the cool kids group. You wouldn't think it as I'm not the sorta girl you'd look at and say she's popular. I'm not blonde and skinny, I'm a redhead but I'm fine with that.

"So have you spoken to Andrew after he kissed you drunk?" Tina says and I sigh "nope I will call him though," I say scanning the posters on the walls.

"Okay hopefully you guys date so we can go on double dates!" Tina always lightens the mood "sure that'll happen," I laugh.

I feel Tina hug my side as she sees her boyfriend waiting for her in his car "bye love you!" she shouts as she runs to his car "love you! Don't be a dick Tristan!" I shout at him, he salutes at me.

I love Tina because she distracts me from the not so good things that go on, my family life is complicated. I'm the middle child of my sisters I have an older sister Ophelia, she's the mean girl of her year and a younger sister Lori the nice one.

Ophelia is not a very good big sister, she's insecure, petty and judgmental but it's probably because she has a mother that left her at a young age, her dad is my step dad, he married my mum when I was twelve.

Me and Lori have the same parents which are my mother Jessica and dad Thomas but he's out of our lives.

Lori is quiet, shy and observing and she's a good sister.

Then I have a younger brother Kevin we have the same mom but then my stepdad is his real dad, my stepdads name is Patrick. I love my brother.

The street is quiet as I walk home, I look at all the kids outside their house playing, every house is the same, might be a different colour but the model is identical.

I open the door to my all American home, Hawkins is an odd town, I always feel like something big is gonna happen.

The only thing that did happened was some kid named Will went missing, he even got pronounced dead then all of a sudden he was found, I don't know what's going on but this town is weird.

"Shay! What the fuck?!" I hear Ophelia shout as she walks down the stairs in front of me "I've been waiting! I need to know if Tina is really dating Tristan?" Ophelia says and I look up at her "yeah?" I question and I watch her pick up the phone at the top of the stairs.

"Yeah she is," the blonde says and I dump my bag walking off to the lounge "hey Lori," I say messing up her hair as she watches tv "hi, oh also some girl came over to see you but you weren't here," I sit next to her "who?" Lori looks at me.

"I don't know she said her name is El, she gave me her number because she's leaving town but she said it was important," I squint my eyes in confusion "El? I don't even know who that is," I laugh, my sister leans over the old couch and passes me a number.

"I don't know but call her," I nod walking upstairs, I look at the number but it doesn't even look familiar.

"Yeah he's such a dick and for a girl like her," I hear Ophelia laugh from her room, I roll my eyes walking into my room. I sit next to my phone and dial the number.

The line starts to ring until I hear a young girls voice crackle through "hi this is El," she says "uh hi it's Shay, you came by my house?" the line is silent for a minute "yes, I'm El we met a couple of years ago at The Snow Ball," her voice already sounded familiar but as soon as she mentioned the ball I knew who it was.

"Wait your the girl who gave me a migraine," I say not even clearly remembering that's how I know her.

She clears her throat "yes and I'm sorry but I need you to go to Mike Wheeler or Lucas Sinclair, it is important-" I shake my head with confused and angry boils in me.

"I'm sorry but I don't know who they are, I'm gonna go," I say she protests but I hang up, this feeling forms in my stomach it's as if I knew something but I couldn't recall it, it angers me especially thinking back to that night.

Why am I only remembering it now?

a/n plssssssss VOTE AND COMMENT