He studied her carefully. "Reece, be honest with me, are you—are you not happy with this pregnancy? Tell me the truth, Savannah, please, however harsh it may be. Please."

"No! Why would you say that! Jesus, Zac, why would you even suggest that I won't be happy with this baby?"

"I'm sorry, but you don't look happy, Reece. Why?"

"I am. I am happy, Zac. Just that I'm way more scared that I'm happy."

"What? Why?"

She put a hand on her belly, looking down at it. "I'm scared, Zac, that I won't be there enough for this child. That I'll become someone like my mom. That he or she won't have good memories with me. I'm always gone, and I can't take it with me everywhere, right? I'm going to be gone, for the most part. How will he or she remember me, have fond memories of childhood with me? I'm scared, Zac. So scared," she cried into his chest.

He turned her over in his arms so she was straddling his lap as he held her. He pulled her face away from where it was buried in his chest and held her chin up.

"Look at me, Reece. Hear this, and hear it loud and clear, got me? You're gonna be the most fabulous mom for our child, I'm sure of it. And I'm not saying that just because you're my wife—which you are, and I love you—but I'm saying this because I know how you love. I get to witness it first hand every single second of every day. I know you love freely and fiercely. Your love knows no bounds. It's open and unending for whoever is lucky enough to get it. I'm one of those lucky bastards, and this baby? Our child? It's gonna get the same fierce love from you. You're gonna go to your farthest extent to make it all work, just so you can be the best mom you could be, for the baby. Get me?"

"You think so?"

"No. I know so."

"I love you, Zac. I love you a whole lot."

"I love you a whole lot too, Reece."

"Will you promise me something?"

"Anything, baby."

"Will you tell me whenever I mess things up as a mom? Honestly call me out on it?"

"Is that what you want? Because the world knows, Reece, I'm a melted mess when it comes to you, especially when you give me that cute, pouty smile of yours."

"Yeah, please."

"Okay. I'll try my hardest to fucking stone my heart and scold you whenever you call for it."

"Okay."

"Also. You're how many months along you said?

"Just about two. Why?"

He smirked. "Does that mean what I think it means?"

"Yes. This did indeed happen when you came to visit me in L.A., when I was sick and my nephew, that jerk, called you and told you that I was dying. You saw me and went nuts. We had sex, obviously, and due to the meds I was taking, the birth control didn't work properly. And, well, here it is. Our pleasant little surprise."

He kissed her, long and slow and sweet.

"Thank you for this, Reece, thank you so much for this gift you've given me."

She smiled at him, the smile slowly morphing into a smirk. "Come on, Mr. Sifton, don't act like you didn't have an equal part in this."

"Well, that I did. I love you, I love you, I love you." He bent down, level with her belly, and pressed a kiss there. "And I love you too, though I haven't even seen you yet."